Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
VST to RTAS Cannot find Digidesign Plugins folder on Mac Intel OS X 10.5.5
Post VST to RTAS Cannot find Digidesign Plugins folder on Mac Intel OS X 10.5.5 
Hi I just installed the new system Leopard OS X 10.5.5 and ProTools 7.4.2cs1 and
VST to RTAS Wrapper 2.11 every time I lounch it asks first for its serial number then it says :

" The Digidesign Plugin folder doesn't exist or couldn't be accessed..."

I checked all access privileges for Digidesign/Plugins folder and entire Library folder, I repaired permissions, restarted few times, the plugins are installing without a problem in there... I redid the Mac OSX 10.5.5 Combo update...

Dont know where to look now really. It gives me no log informations to send you.

Any suggestions ?

Can you check if there's a file called plgtest.bin in your Digi plug-ins folder - you may need to trash that file before running the adapter again, if so.

Can you check if there's a file called plgtest.bin in your Digi plug-ins folder - you may need to trash that file before running the adapter again, if so.

Hi, I couldnt find such a file neither in Digidesign/Plugins folder or on entire computer.

how about 'test.bin'?

No, test.bin is not there as well.

Its confusing, every time I open the wrapper it asks for serial number again, then "cannot acces plugin folder..." message apears.
Looks like it cannot acces the preferences folder also...

Post digiplug-insnot found problem 
same here. none of the files angus mentioned are there. problem persists.

angus, these files are not "hidden" by any chance, are they ?

Nope. However, it has been brought to my attention that 10.5.5 has issues with the file permissions subsystem - one thing worth trying is to run Disk Utility and choose "Verify Permissions" and "Repair Permissions".

Nope. However, it has been brought to my attention that 10.5.5 has issues with the file permissions subsystem - one thing worth trying is to run Disk Utility and choose "Verify Permissions" and "Repair Permissions".

Unfortunately I did repair permissions many times since upgrading the system to 10.5.5
And I run combo update again. Doesn't help.
Other apps and some drivers had an issue too since this update but miraclously some started working again after two days.
(Powercore new driver 3.2 for example had a graphic GUI issue)

Lets just hope miracle will happen with wrapper too.

Now there is no turning back to 10.5.4 cause I dont use Time machine as ProTools cant stand it.

Thx for the reply

Ok, I wanted to install After Effects CS4 on the same machine and it couldn't install cause my system drive was Case-Sensitive formatted.
I backup everything with Carbon Copy Cloner and reformated the drive to MacOS Extended non case sensitive and installed AE without the problems.
Later on, just to check, I lounched the VST to RTAS Wrapper and this time it opened, accepted serial number, and wrapped all my VST plugins without a problem. The only issue left is that every time I lounch it it shows empty window, as I haven't wrap any plugins. Wrappers are still in plugin folder though so it doesn't really matter, but its strange.
However, it works now so I'm saying : Check your system hard drive format, if its case-sensitive it likely might be the cause of this trouble.
Hope this will help the FX-Pansion crew to look for the solution.

Cheers all !

Well spotted, that's correct - as with Adobe, we don't support case sensitive file systems.

Post I have the same problem 
Hello everybody I am new here,

I have the same problem when I open the VST to RTAS, it is empty, but the Plugins are rapped & working normal,
is there a new update coming out for the VST to RTAS after version 2.11 very soon or not ???
please I need a solution for this problem, I want to know why it is happening, or I will stop using it, I don't like to buy
a product & it's company doesn't support well as if they don't have money or don't want to invest in it, I already stooped using all other Fxpansion product for the same reason Like GURU etc.. I don't have time for these stories I need to make music & not being Expert, sorry to be like this, but I had to much from all of these software companies & there policies
really I missed the all days of using normal Synth, it was harder to do but stable & working, this the reality.

Thanks & Regards,

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1