Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
How many slices will Geist allow for?
Wouldn't something like Kontakt be better suited for that task? To me, Geist just doesn't seem like the appropriate plugin for that kind of work.

It doesn't need to do everything now. Wink

Kontakt is very good at slicing things. It is a complete BEAR to work with otherwise.

Longer samples were always a weak point with Guru. While you could extract 128 slices per engine via velocity layers, it was difficult to do anything with that. You'd have to figure out where this sample is that you'd want to use within 8 layers per pad, then create a trigger that its that pad at the velocity of that sample. A bit fiddley.

Geist seems to cover the same ground.

It's been long requested to be able to spill over sample slices into the subsequent engine's free pads.

I have Mach Five 2 , Emulator X3, SliceX, Maschine- I'll get by fine without it. Wink

Longer samples were always a weak point with Guru. While you could extract 128 slices per engine via velocity layers, it was difficult to do anything with that. You'd have to figure out where this sample is that you'd want to use within 8 layers per pad, then create a trigger that its that pad at the velocity of that sample. A bit fiddley.

Geist seems to cover the same ground.

It's been long requested to be able to spill over sample slices into the subsequent engine's free pads.

I've been looking for a way to explain my frustration regarding a certain limitation within Guru/Geist and this is it.

I really wish you could slice longer loops and have the the slices mapped to the other engines. Like somebody else said, this is possible in Live, but it would make my life so much easier if I could do it in Geist.

I know you guys have a lot on your plate but please think about it. I love Geist, by the way.

narz , read this we got some rather good news coming up.. http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7574893

Wink

narz , read this we got some rather good news coming up.. http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7574893

Wink

Nice! These guys are on it. Thanks bobby.

Any chance you guys can lift that limitation for divide mode, in an update ? As an option? eg: allow a quick fast auto chop via divide mode - then , allow end user to freely edit/move those divided chops?

this....

I'm the same way, chop via divide as a starting point then move, add, or delete markers as needed...

definitely would like to see this happen

I think we are planning on doing that. No timeframe as yet though!

bobbybland wrote:
Any chance you guys can lift that limitation for divide mode, in an update ? As an option? eg: allow a quick fast auto chop via divide mode - then , allow end user to freely edit/move those divided chops?

this....

I'm the same way, chop via divide as a starting point then move, add, or delete markers as needed...

definitely would like to see this happen

or maybe just a right click in the sampler menu "SPREAD SAMPLE OVER ALL ENGINES"
so if we have 32 samples it s gonna end up spreaded over 2 engines...

Yes this is vital, having slices mapped so different layers of the same pad is really clunky and messes with my workflow.

I think might be better off having 32 pads… and a command to switch between each 16.

Thanks

Yeah..... kind of like switching banks on a MPC. Instead of slicing longer samples to layers you could slice to more pads if needed. Those pads could extend to more keys on a MIDI keyboard in one engine. Those pads would be accessible by hitting a "bank" button of sorts (which emulates MPC behavior).

when if ever is this gonna happen,in an update or are we waiting on a completely new product?? Crying or Very sad

when if ever is this gonna happen,in an update or are we waiting on a completely new product?? Crying or Very sad

Wont happen in the very near future. ATM we are still concentrating on fixing bugs.

Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next