Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Serious problem.... missing text fields in this and all other FXspansion software on my mac!!
Post Serious problem.... missing text fields in this and all other FXspansion software on my mac!! 
Overnight my copy of synth squad has suddenly lost the text fields to the preset menus as well as lots of other display info in the interface.

Im running latest Synth Squad version on a mac running osx 10.6.6

Just blank spaces reman where once read browser and upon entering the browser nothing at all is visible.
Downloaded all the latest installs - weirdly the text on the installs was missing too! - where there should be the terms and conditions there is just a blank space. This is the same for all the installs from FXpansion I ran.
Is there a text format data that I am missing on my system perhaps?

I have found that this missing text problem is across all FXpansion devices installed on my mac. (Synth Squad , BDF)

It is also common to any host application (LOGIC ABLETON) as well as stand alone mode.
Its almost like my system does not know how to display text within certain fields of FXpansion software.

In BFD the titles of kit pieces are missing for example.

could you solve this problem? I do have exactly the same issue here...thanks!

You've got a duplicate font on your system I think. Check the following locations:

[SYSTEM]/users/[USERNAME]/library/fonts/

In this folder there will be a single Arial font. Delete it. Then restart your system. The reason this happens is to do with upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard, older version of the Arial font (which is broken as far as I recall) gets copied to this location during installation. The user-area locations always over-ride the system level locations... so programs start attempting to use this corrupt font, and you get the problem described.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Yeah, actually just found it out by myself using Fontbook. I had a damaged Arial font. Deleted it and now everything is okay. Thanks for your quick support!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1