Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Crash: OSX: DCAM Beta (64bit) switching presets in Cubase 6
Post Crash: OSX: DCAM Beta (64bit) switching presets in Cubase 6 
System Info
Mac Pro; OSX 10.6.8; Cubase 6.0.5 (64 bit); RME Fireface UFX (connected via USB)

Summary
In Fusor, switching between presets within the browser list in Cubase 6.0.5 causes Cubase to crash. Loading the first preset is fine. Any preset I select beyond that immediately causes Cubase to hang for a moment and then crash. Not sure if it is generating a dump file, but if it would be useful I can send it your way.

Repro
Load up Fusor in a project in 64 bit Cubase 6.0.5 on OSX 10.6.8. Load a preset from the browser. Note that everything seems to run smoothly. Switch to a different preset (seems to be any other preset), and note the crash.

Notes
Also worth noting that this issue didn't occur with the most recent stable version of DCAM in the same sessions. Seems to be an issue in the beta build.

I also have three preset packs installed. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it, but I tested this with the Animator presets (they show up at the top of the preset list). Crashed everytime when switching between them. They may have been presets from the packs.

We're aware of this. For some reason Cubase crashes when Fusor attempts to resize the UI. Investigating the fix...

Thanks for the reply, Angus. I had a feeling you guys knew about it.

Anyway, I look forward to checking out future builds. I love that you guys are working on 64-bit plug-ins! Especially with BFD2. I know it's a slow process, but keep it up!

I've exactly the same issue in Logic 9.1.6 + Mac OSX Lion

For info this also happens in Reaper but not every time. Maybe 1 in 15 or 20.
32bit on osx lion.

love your synths but like guys above when switching presets in fusor it crashes ableton live as well (with latest updates). when you play synths separately no problems at all. only in your modular environment. i am on mac by the way.

New update to address this issue & a few others coming in a few days' time.

thx for letting us know Smile. and a happy new year to all !!!

Flipping through Fusor preset browser while track is playing in Logic (9.1.6, Snow Leopard) guarantees a Logic crash every time. I have crash reports if they're of any use.

Why do the DCAM preset browsers resize constantly when you go through the presets? I've never seen that behaviour before in other soft synths.

Please post those crash logs here so we can take a look!

Here are the crash logs. To reproduce, all I have to do is have a track playing in Logic and browse through the Fusor presets to audition sounds. It doesn't crash right away - usually after a couple of minutes of switching through sounds in the browser list.

Here are the crash logs. To reproduce, all I have to do is have a track playing in Logic and browse through the Fusor presets to audition sounds. It doesn't crash right away - usually after a couple of minutes of switching through sounds in the browser list.

Awesome. Thanks very much. Have reproduced, and logged in our tracker.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1