Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
help making a kit sound how i'd like please
Post help making a kit sound how i'd like please 
i'm an edrummer. theres a graveyard of failed kits i've tried to make sound good and gave up on in the past. what i'm changing is asking for help instead of deleting another partially begun effort. the mixing is hard for me to understand. i picked the kit pieces i like best but when i try to make them sound less in a room and more directly through a mike for a smacky sound, i lose the head resonance on the toms i like so much. i kinda got the bass drum sounding the way i like but when using the same settings on the toms they don't fit well. my snare lacks some bottom end i tried to eq some in but eh... and i haven't yet set its compressor without nerfing the desirable crack on the hit. i swear i turned every knob and fader combination and i just make it worse so i put them back. i'm going to attach what i got so far, please suggest settings for improvement should you be so kind. thanks all

This is a very subjective question since you haven't really given a clear indication of what particular sound you are
aiming for. It didn't sound good to me but others may love it.
I could tweak it and make it better for my ears but you might think it's worse.
There surely must be a preset that is approaching what you desire that you could start from.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
Post us some examples, or give us some more details of what you're looking for.

Wink

MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram, 10.8.4/10.7.5, Focusrite Liquid 56, PT 11.0.2/10.3.7 w/CPTK add-on
http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?66835-New-Platinum-Samples-Rock-Legends-Quick-Pack-for-BFD2-and-Eco

Rail

thanks pur, i'll get my headphones out and listen to the factory presets and try swapping the kit pieces i like around in them.

thanks ash, i'll keep track of songs and get back with you on a sound soon.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1