Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
BFD3 feature requests list
Post BFD3 feature requests list 
I asked this a while back and got no reply so I'm asking again.
Assuming fxpansion are not in need of any more feature requests as they have plenty thank you very much
could we please see a list? I know you guys might not want to reveal your hand (so to speak) too soon but perhaps
a list of the top 10 or 20 in order of which are most likely to appear.

I'm asking because I have quite a few that I would like to put forward but am holding back for two reasons,

1) as I said, it may well be to late and the door is shut firmly on any more requests.
2) they may well be on the list already which is why I think it would be really good to have a list that we could see and even vote for.

I don't ever remember there being any such list. I do remember being sent a questionnaire as to what new features I would
most like to see in future but it would be nice to have a list as a sticky.

I'll probably post mine anyway just to "run it up the old flag pole and see who salutes it" as they say Laughing
Would be good to discuss the possibilities of them with other more technically minded users too as I fear some of mine
might be a bit far fetched and I'm actually living in la la land.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7

Feel free to make any feature requests you have, we're always interested to receive feedback from our users. Keep in mind that FXpansions policy is not to comment on updates or products until they're released, which means you are unlikely to see a list anytime soon.

Hi Steve,

Feel free to make any feature requests you have, we're always interested to receive feedback from our users. Keep in mind that FXpansions policy is not to comment on updates or products until they're released, which means you are unlikely to see a list anytime soon.

Ah, Ok thanks Sam.
I thought perhaps the door was closed on feature requests as far as BFD3 was concerned.
I guess there will be a cut off point at some date though?

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
Well, we can't offer any sort of guarantee that any suggestions will be incorporated into BFD3, but users are always welcome to make feature requests. If we like the idea then it is likely we will try to incorporate it into the product at some stage...

One thing I'd really like to see is Remember Last Directory for Exporting. I don't save anything to MyDocuments; I save everything in (music data drive:\Music-related subfolder\Recording sessions subfolder\specific song I'm working on subfolder), and having to select that entire chain 20+ times when exporting each individual mixer channel/kitpiece track is a PITA.
Even when I simply need to re-export something for a minor correction is a pain, all because the program stops at MyComputer every time.

And maybe a "right-click menu" option to rename a NewGroove right there in the Groove Explorer window.

Ok then, here's a few I've been thinking about.
Apologies if they are a bit long winded but they are works in progress.

Clicking on a loaded drum slot in the kit, it should light up its corresponding picture in the actual kit view.
This could be very useful when you have larger 18 or 32 piece kits loaded. Either that or keep it as it currently is but have the green line work both ways. EG when clicking a kit piece in the kit view a green line appears pointing to its corresponding slot, it might be better if it worked both ways.

Improved searching

Like many others I have created and saved a number of my own presets and in order to have them at least show up in the same group I figured that if I gave them a 3 letter prefix like the expansion kits/presets have then they would all be listed together.
For some reason this didn't work. I gave all my presets my initials "SPC" as a prefix thinking I would scroll down the list and they would all be there together. A better method (or additional one) might be that when using the magnifying glass they could be included as a sub group on the list like the expansion kits are.
Perhaps in addition to the BFD2, ECO, HVY, JNF and other prefixes it could either show them under a given three letter
prefix, or there could be a USER (or USR) prefix under which they would be listed.

I have more brewing Smile

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
One thing I'd really like to see is Remember Last Directory for Exporting. I don't save anything to MyDocuments; I save everything in (music data drive:\Music-related subfolder\Recording sessions subfolder\specific song I'm working on subfolder), and having to select that entire chain 20+ times when exporting each individual mixer channel/kitpiece track is a PITA.
Even when I simply need to re-export something for a minor correction is a pain, all because the program stops at MyComputer every time.

And maybe a "right-click menu" option to rename a NewGroove right there in the Groove Explorer window.

You should be able to create a shortcut in "My Documents" on windows and point it to the base directory you want. That way there should be only one click? I haven't tried it, but I would think theoretically it should work.

@DrNewcenstein - Audio Export - using the mixer's export panel will recall the export folder. I see that teh groove editor's "Export Groove Audio" doesn't, we'll address that - bug/oversight. If you set the folder you want to use in the Mixer's export panel, the Groove Editor export audio will use that by default. You may find it easier to export all your stems in a single operation from the mixer rather than doing it a kit piece at a time using Export Groove Audio, but it depends what you are trying to do of course.

@purlington - BFD2 presets with user prefixes like "SPC" appear grouped in my BFD preset chooser?

@purlington - clicking on a drum in the kit view DOES light up the corresponding slot. Maybe you have that animation turned off?

Here's one to think about - we are debating getting rid of the kit view, and going to a more Eco-like "do-everything-from-a-hyped-up-mixer" philosophy. No functionality will be lost, but there wouldn't be a drum kit image. Your thoughts? How useful / reassuring / grounding do you find a big drumkit image in a piece of drum software?

Personally, i dont really need the kit image. However, from looking at the eco screenshot, im not fancy about your idea at all. because the faders stay in place all the time. Since i route every single mic channel to my cubase mixer an do all my processing over there, this would just be a waste of space for me, + that means on large kits i would have to scroll to select a slot and adjust its settings. Id really prefer if the freed space of the kit image would be used to make the control panel larger, i think those knobs are a bit small. Or how about a mixer that can fold, so those who use it can have it open all the time?

But for me the best argument to make me buy the upgrade would be more mono outputs. And if you could improve the quality of the tuning function, that would be great, i feel like the sound get unnatural quite quickly.

Btw will bfd3 come with new samples or will you just include those of v2?
If you're going to record new ones, heres a few wishes:
-round robins, at least for the snares and the hihats
-all snares with strainer on and off
-more choice for hihats, i know there are the gen16 packs but im not very fancy about zildjian

VSTknowlege v8.3
VSTgoldenears v4.1
Wink
Haven't used ECO yet so not quite sure what you mean but I dont like the idea of no kit view at all. I use the kit view the most whilst actually using BFD (e-drummin, play back of midi notes, midi programming etc). I may be able to get used to not having it but I think I would prefer to keep it. It's the best view to see what is happenin in real time, I can loose track of which cymbals or toms are which in all the other views.
Assuming the only reason to get rid is to save on resources?

1) Sizeable interface (just wanna see all my mixer !)
2) For Standalone : a "real" asio output configuration (as many out your soundcard have & the choose between mono/stereo channel)
3) Well a "channel page" for one kit peace with all your need (mix/bleed/articulation...like the "front" page with kit) but with BIGGER buttons & faders ! (think "touch able") & well that's all for now ! Wink

1) Sizeable interface (just wanna see all my mixer !)
2) For Standalone : a "real" asio output configuration (as many out your soundcard have & the choose between mono/stereo channel):

I think the output configuration (or lack of) has been noted as a bug which will be sorted soon.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
yes but the configuration output (missed in the last update) offer no choice of "mono/stereo out" or even order out !
you have just 2 choices : choose one of the stereo output of my audio card (RME Multiface) or choose "all output" that mean that it's begin in the same order than "BFD Output" : stereo first (8 stereo channel) then mono.... even with my multiface (18 out) i have not enought output to configure 8 mono out (cause the stereo out take 16 channels) !!!

yes but the configuration output (missed in the last update) offer no choice of "mono/stereo out" or even order out !
you have just 2 choices : choose one of the stereo output of my audio card (RME Multiface) or choose "all output" that mean that it's begin in the same order than "BFD Output" : stereo first (8 stereo channel) then mono.... even with my multiface (18 out) i have not enought output to configure 8 mono out (cause the stereo out take 16 channels) !!!

I know that, you know that, fxpansion know that too, and that was my point, they have said that's it's a bug and a fix will be along any day now Smile

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
Reply to topic Page 1 of 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next