Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Master Out spike in Cubase 6
Post Master Out spike in Cubase 6 
Hi, when loading the plugin in Cubase 6 (64bit version under Win 7 professional 64bit), I get an audible volume spike, a digital gritty sort of sound. My master out level meter indicates that it overshoots 0 dBfs by 100 ! The sound is audible for a few seconds, but my master out meter keeps sticking in the red for another minute or so. Please help, this is annoying.

thanks for your reply! Are you also on Windows 7 64bit with Cubase 64bit or a different configuration? It also happened to me when the plugin had already been running for a while! Very disturbing, because I imagine if this would happen when I have my monitor levels up a bit, this would be a terrifying noise! I also get it when loading Strobe...

I really hope to get some response from the FXPansion people, it is a great product but I don't want to have my eardrums pierced just yet...

I'm on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit running cubase 6.5.
It occured a few times...I have to recheck it if it's still buggy...I let you know this evening...I'm curently @ job right now.
Best regards.

I assume these are with the latest beta since you are running 64 bit versions..

I have the same problem but running Nuendo 5.5 32 bit in Windows 64 bit with the beta versions.

reported it, but no response.

rsp

in January : http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77191#77191

and in Feb: http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77626#77626

Cubase 7.5 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.7.5 | 3GB | NI Komplete Audio 6
I assume these are with the latest beta since you are running 64 bit versions..

I have the same problem but running Nuendo 5.5 32 bit in Windows 64 bit with the beta versions.

reported it, but no response.

rsp

in January : http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77191#77191

and in Feb: http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77626#77626

I see... thanks guys, for letting me know you also have this issue. I really hope they fix it, that sound scares the living daylights out of me Exclamation

I read from your reply that DCAM Synth Squad V. 1.1.0.28 is the first version to support 64-bit? Or did I misunderstand you?

it was in the 1.1.0.X series. dont' remember which we first had to beta test
rsp

I don't get it. I'm looking at the different release versions and I see

DCAM Synth Squad V. 1.1.0.28 Release Date: 02.03.2012
DCAM Synth Squad 1.1.0.29 - Public Beta Version V. 1.1.0.29 Release Date: 10.02.2012

I have version 1.1.0.28 installed and it seems to be more recent than V 1.1.0.29...

Is it standard practice with beta versions to do a countdown? Do we have 27 versions to go before we get to V. 1.1.0.00? Laughing

Nope! Looks like the dates have been muddled up and .28 shouldn't even be visible!

I'm unable to reproduce this bug. I need some more information about your setup; soundcard buffer sizes, sample-rate, bit-depth, etc..

For me sample buffer size is 128 card is a lynx 2C.......44.1 Khz, 24 bit project...Nuendo 5.5 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit.

rsp

Hi, a few notes after some testing. I did a fresh start of Cubase, and opened a new 32 bit float 44.1k project. My Fireface 400 card had its buffer size set to 64 samples. Upon loading either Cypher, Amber or Strobe, I get the awful spike. When I entirely remove the plugin from the vst rack and load it again, the spike does NOT occur anymore. This scenario is the same for Cypher, Amber and Strobe. For Fusor, no spike occurs, probably because it's not a sound generating plug in itself. I repeated the procedure a few times, each time restarting Cubase and loading either Amber, Strobe or Cypher and it always responds the same: upon the first load I get the spike, then after removing the plugin and starting it again, the spike does not occur anymore.

I followed your lead and set the buffer size higher. This seems to get rid of the issue. Hope this helps in analysing the problem. My system config is in my signature.

btw, which IS the latest version of the beta? Because I am running the .28, I installed this one because it showed a later release date... should I go to the .29 even though this indicates an earlier release date? Is it the dates or the version numbers that are wrong?

Some further testing reveals that the spikes only occur with a buffer size of 64! I set the buffer size to 48-96-128 samples and it doesn't happen... Yet it happens every single time with 64 samples.

I am still unsure whether I am running the latest version, should I get the .29 instead of the .28 and disregard the dates?

hmmm for me it happens at 128..... I can't run 64 properly in any regular session of mine...

rsp

Weird, I just loaded up Cypher with my buffer set to 256 samples, and I got the dreaded chirp again! Which means I'll have to take back my statement that it only happens with 64 samples.

Hi, just a quick mail to see if you guys at FXpansion have been able to reproduce this chirp. My system config is in my signature, so maybe that helps.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1