Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Audio error #2
Post Audio error #2 
message states: Audio error #2. Couldn't open the audio stream.Perhaps another application is using the sound card. had this problem before and i think we went into the pref and dadt base management to scan paths and rebuild data bases-already tried that.

the problem is i am getting no sound from my drums. they load. my DAW is closed.

I've searched the posts and found nothing on this which i find hard to believe so i'm searching incorrectly i guess. it has been some time since i used this app. it's kinda of clunky and i am now using apple logic pro drums for most stuff i need. easy. this-never easy.

downloading the update now

Rolling Eyes

First of all, yes bfd isnt really an easy program - its an instrument. And an instrument needs to be learned. There are tons of over easy drum modules, however soundwise i think bfd is second to none. A guitar with only one string would be easier to play, but it wouldnt allow half of the possibilitys a real guitar do. Higher flexibility always means higher complexity.

Now, to adress your problem, what interface are you using? Because this is probably an issue with your interface, not with bfd. Do the meters in the mixer light up when you play back? And when you say your daw is closed, do you mean your running bfd standalone? Whem you use bfd as a plugin, does it work? Could it be that an other applicaton is using the interface with 16-bit bandwith?

VSTknowlege v8.3
VSTgoldenears v4.1
Wink
Post Re: Audio error #2 
trvlbum wrote:
message states: Audio error #2. Couldn't open the audio stream.Perhaps another application is using the sound card. had this problem before and i think we went into the pref and dadt base management to scan paths and rebuild data bases-already tried that.

the problem is i am getting no sound from my drums. they load. my DAW is closed.

I've searched the posts and found nothing on this which i find hard to believe so i'm searching incorrectly i guess. it has been some time since i used this app. it's kinda of clunky and i am now using apple logic pro drums for most stuff i need. easy. this-never easy.

downloading the update now

Rolling Eyes

Hey there,

I have this exact same problem. I haven't used my BFD for a while, however I don't think that I have installed anything that should have affected the sound card in the meantime (only major installation has been a new webcam??). I am running on Windows XP.

Basically, when I open up BFD Stereo, independent of my Cubase recording software, I get the previously mentioned alert: "Audio error #2. Couldn't open the audio stream.Perhaps another application is using the sound card".

So, I select my drum kit, I drag and drop some grooves in to Bank A, however when I click on it it doesn't play. I can't get any sound out of any of my individual kit pieces either, as I suppose you might expect.

Anyway, any ideas on how to solve this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1