Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 3 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
BFD3 feature requests list

You could then maybe do away with the, 10, 18 and 32 kit size buttons and perhaps just have a kind of check box instead in which you could select, Kick x1, snare, x2 Toms x4, cymbals x5. You could just choose any number of each kit piece and then decide which intruments to laod in to your empty slots. In addition you could have an, "add kit piece" button from where you could choose which piece to load.

Steve

Man what a great idea!! The workflow would be so smooth.

Please visit http://www.antonevans.com/
Post DATA Compression please.... 
Please get compression happening on the audio samples like NI did with Kontakt 4.2 so that the data on the hard drives is compressed 2 : 1...That would really be a blessing because the libraries do take up a bit of HD real estate Sad I think that this feature would be very gratefully received by every BFD user ! Thanks...ajw

Post Re: DATA Compression please.... 
digitalboytn wrote:
Please get compression happening on the audio samples like NI did with Kontakt 4.2 so that the data on the hard drives is compressed 2 : 1...That would really be a blessing because the libraries do take up a bit of HD real estate Sad I think that this feature would be very gratefully received by every BFD user ! Thanks...ajw

Not sure I agree with that at all?
Given how bad the kontakt samples sound compared to BFD2, I figured part of that may well be down to kontakts compression.

As long as there is zero detriment to the sound it would be fine I guess but if your concern is merely on account of reducing the amount of hard drive space then I think you'll find with the low cost of drives these days most BFD2 users have plenty.
I have a terabyte drive just for BFD2 Eco and various other drum libraries.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
purtington wrote:

Given how bad the kontakt samples sound compared to BFD2, I figured part of that may well be down to kontakts compression.

As long as there is zero detriment to the sound it would be fine I guess but if your concern is merely on account of reducing the amount of hard drive space then I think you'll find with the low cost of drives these days most BFD2 users have plenty.

Steve

Well - seeing as they are now shipping the BFD Data as 20 bit files,I think that compression may only be a small problem Smile

I agree - the sound is the most important factor ... I'm a new convert and absolutely loving BFD..It's really spectacular....

digitalboytn wrote:
purtington wrote:

Steve

Well - seeing as they are now shipping the BFD Data as 20 bit files,I think that compression may only be a small problem Smile

I agree - the sound is the most important factor ... I'm a new convert and absolutely loving BFD..It's really spectacular....

True but I guess 20 bit is as low as they could go without any noticeable deterioration in quality.
Someone on the cakewalk forum kicked up quite a fuss at the 20bit reduction like he thought he could hear a difference.
I know my ears are nowhere near good enough to tell.

BFD2 is indeed an awesome product and the best of it's kind as far as I'm concerned.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
If you want 24 bit you can buy the boxed version at a local retailer or order the DVD's

Rail

Get rid of the drum kit view interface, it's a waste of resources. Sounds harsh, but I'd be happier being able to do all my work in the mixer page than use the kit view if possible. I didn't buy the software for the kit view, I bought it for quality sounds and ease of use. The kit page along with grooves pallet are wasted on me, especially as I do most of my midi editing/programming in Sonar, as I imagine most do.

But I would LOOOOVE it if cymbal crescendos, (or swells, formattas, whatever they're called) were included in the sample library for each cymbal; recorded at various lengths and intensities. The one thing that keeps this very human sounding virtual drum instrument from sounding completely human is not being able to implement that song-ending, intro-sweetening, bring-down-the-house cymbal mayhem that you hear and see when drummers lean into the cymbals with bad intent...

There are suggestions all over the internet about how to patch this type of sound together by messing with velocities and attacks and meow meow meow meow... But it just doesn't ever sound right. Maybe I just suck at it. I dunno.

I know this would mean a significant increase in the data footprint, but I would flip out if this was possible. Pretty pretty please!!!!

Is is possible to have keyboard shortcuts when the BFD window is selected. I keep hitting cmdZ and undoing tracks in logic when I want to edit my groove. I know there is an undo button but cmdZ is second nature.

There's a load of keyboard short cuts on the preference page under the GUI tab on the bottom right.
There is an, "Undo Grooves" which might be what you're after but on the other hand, maybe not.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
oh *blush* perhaps I should investigate more. Thank you purtington.

Not a BFD3 request, but I really want to buy more expansion kits. I don't need any more, but I want more. I can't help myself. I'm addicted.

As far as BFD3 requests go, I've typically mixed through my DAW instead of using the BFD2 mixer, mostly because it's a little small, and a little hard to use in comparison to the DAW. However, I'd like to use it more. How about a feature where if you shift-click on an AUX, it just shows the sources that feed it, and maybe increases the size or the display, or maybe makes a separate popup so you can see the routing and processing more easily?

Not a BFD3 request, but I really want to buy more expansion kits. I don't need any more, but I want more. I can't help myself. I'm addicted.

As far as BFD3 requests go, I've typically mixed through my DAW instead of using the BFD2 mixer, mostly because it's a little small, and a little hard to use in comparison to the DAW. However, I'd like to use it more. How about a feature where if you shift-click on an AUX, it just shows the sources that feed it, and maybe increases the size or the display, or maybe makes a separate popup so you can see the routing and processing more easily?

Check out our web site and Sonic Reality for additional expansion kits.

BFD2 has an option in the GUI prefs: "Show mixer signal routing".. make sure that's enabled.

Rail

kafka wrote:

Check out our web site and Sonic Reality for additional expansion kits.

BFD2 has an option in the GUI prefs: "Show mixer signal routing".. make sure that's enabled.

Rail

Yup, I have the Andy Johns and the Jim Scott expansion packs. Your stuff sounds great. You should make even more. Smile I'll take a look at Sonic Reality, too.

Yeah, that is enabled. The presentation is still a bit dense, though. To be able to quickly view all and only the routing and processing relative to a single output would be handy.

I'm going to drop this in here although I suppose it's not really a "feature request" per say.

As an acoustic drummer first who has switched to edrums triggering BFD2; my biggest concern is realism. And I don't believe it gets any better than the BFD2 system. It's really amazing, and I don't feel I miss too much from playing real drums.

There are a few things however..that I do notice.

For one...the "realism" of sounds coming from the Platinum samples kits is noticeably better than the kits that come with BFD2. The dynamic range and expression feel more real when I use them with my ekit. Now...someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me this is a result of more velocity layers/sample layers for each piece.

When I play all the kit pieces, either BFD or Platinum Samples, it's like I can tell which pieces were not sampled as detailed as others. Some snares just don't build up and crescendo like others, for example.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather see the next version of the Program (and Platinum Samples in their future packs) concentrate on the highest level of detail possible consistently across all pieces. I realize recording this stuff is expensive and time consuming. But I'd rather have you give me 3 kits perfectly sampled to a crazy degree, than 6 kits where a few compromises were taken. Especially in snares and Hi Hats.

I would gladly buy more kits as expansion packs if they were all like Platinum Samples or whatever becomes better than that in the future.

And the Hi Hat's are another area where I think BFD can improve. More detail, better transitions between open and close, more range when triggering with ekits.

I've said before somewhere...I realize edrummers are only a part of Fxpansion's market but they could really expand that market and win over acoustic drummers who would prefer the ease of home recording with programs like this.

Reply to topic Page 3 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next