Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Auto CC's to graph export protocol?
Post Auto CC's to graph export protocol? 
Okay, is there a scheme? An implementation chart?

The reason I ask, is I would LOVE to be able to export my sliced files and sequence them in Logic's arranger and MIDI editor with the ability to still use functions like repeat, reverse, send and free envelope levels.

I've tried investigating by looking at the Events list in Logic to some very limited success. In an experiment I just triggered two snare hits, one reversed and one straight. The reversed event is preceded by CC 21 and 20 with a value of 127 and 0. I was able to freely flip flop which note was reversed by going into the Event list and changing this data preceding notes.

However when trying the same experiment in a fully loaded sequence, the data seems to change...

Can anybody clue me in to what is happening when you export a pattern to MIDI, and what information is exported in that MIDI file to represent events like reverse note triggers, repeats and other graph information? It's just a MIDI file, there's only so much Data included in the protocol, right now it looks dynamic and random to me what CC triggers the pad's playback behavior.

Ultimately I'd like to just set up a Hyper editor to control these events freely from Logics sequencer. It would greatly enhance my workflow to not have to constantly open up Geist when it comes to arranging with other instruments hosted in the DAW.

Thanks!

Post Re: Auto CC's to graph export protocol? 
Funk Dracula wrote:
Okay, is there a scheme? An implementation chart?

The reason I ask, is I would LOVE to be able to export my sliced files and sequence them in Logic's arranger and MIDI editor with the ability to still use functions like repeat, reverse, send and free envelope levels.

I've tried investigating by looking at the Events list in Logic to some very limited success. In an experiment I just triggered two snare hits, one reversed and one straight. The reversed event is preceded by CC 21 and 20 with a value of 127 and 0. I was able to freely flip flop which note was reversed by going into the Event list and changing this data preceding notes.

However when trying the same experiment in a fully loaded sequence, the data seems to change...

Can anybody clue me in to what is happening when you export a pattern to MIDI, and what information is exported in that MIDI file to represent events like reverse note triggers, repeats and other graph information? It's just a MIDI file, there's only so much Data included in the protocol, right now it looks dynamic and random to me what CC triggers the pad's playback behavior.

Ultimately I'd like to just set up a Hyper editor to control these events freely from Logics sequencer. It would greatly enhance my workflow to not have to constantly open up Geist when it comes to arranging with other instruments hosted in the DAW.

Thanks!

You can either manually assign the graphs to the CCs you want, or if you are exporting and doing the auto assign thing, then open up the midi mapping page, all the auto assigned CC's will appear there.

The way the CC's are assigned is in a per track per graph fashion;
So all the graphs for track one are assigned CC's in the order they are listed in the menu, (starting from CC 2 IIRC), then track 2, then track 3 etc until everything is assigned.
Any CCs that are already assigned to something else are skipped (so for example, if CC2 is assigned to control pitch, and then CC3 is assigned to reverse and we are looking at CC4 for the next graph, but its already being used for say filter cutoff, we skip CC4 and go to CC5).

Take a look at :

Mapping graphs to MIDI CCs (Page 24)
Using MIDI and host automation to remote control Geist parameters (Page 29)

In the manual, these should explain this process further

HTH
-Paul

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1