Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Snare triggering of edge hits.
Post Snare triggering of edge hits. 
I followed some advice and still csannot get the edge trigger to work on the snare. It plays the same sound as the center.Is there any other advice?

tdw20 with pd125

In the setup of your td20, make sure that your Snare CC is on. It should say something like General2(17). The number inside the () is the MIDI CC number.

In BFD2, you hit the pad and make sure that you have selected Variable hit on the key that turns blue in the Keymapping page. If not, delete that key, drag the snare drum to it and select Variable.
In the box at the bottom of the MIDI Keymapping page you will enter the number in the ( ) on the Roland unit to go along with that trigger.

When you hit the snare pad, look at the log in the bottom right. You should see the CC number, Channel number and note on off info. If you don't see the CC number, your Roland is not sending it.

That is all you need to do. Once that is done, you can use the slider bar to fine tune the split point.

Save your preset!

John

Post Bfd keyboard not recognizing incoming notes 
Thanks for your help. I can't seem to get BFD2 to recognize incoming notes on the keyboard. It is triggering the sounds.

I still can't get the edge hit . I did set the cc to 16 and matched the note with my module. The edge still sounds the same as the center.

BFD2 is simple. It does what it is told to do. Your Roland needs to send the information and you need to be able to identify that information.

Is 16 the number in the ( ) on the setup page for the snare drum MIDI in your Roland? In my case I am using number 17 in that CC box for the variable snare.

John

Post Snare edge 
The snare cc is 16 on my td20.

I also am not getting the keyboard in BFD to light ,and no log file up when I hit the Roland pads. The sounds are triggering in BFD.

Thanks,Peter

1. Are you using the new Public Beta? (2.1 Build 33)
2. What type and OS computer?

We may have found something!

Here is a work around that I just tried.-

- Float your mouse over the snare drum.
- Let the pop up tell you what note is being used for the Hit.
- (On the left) scroll the keyboard to that note.
- Delete that note.
- Drag the snare back to that note and select Variable.

You should now be able to edit that trigger and work on the CC info. You may or may not see it in the log.

This is a new bug that, thanks to you we may have found. It is a tough one to replicate, but we have begun trying to get it identified and fixed.

Thanks,
John

Post snare edge 
I have a dell laptop with an intel 2k core 2 processor on Windows XP. Is this a bug that causes the keyboard to not light up when I trigger each sound?

Did you try the work around? (It works)

It would help us if you got back on these two points.

John

Post midi triggering 
I am using BFD 2.1.0 build 33. I put the mouse over the drums. The notes that come up are not the notes where the drums are on the keyboard. The keys do not light up when I hit the pads on the td20.

The td 20 preset is working,but the notes being sent on my td20 are different than what is listed in BFD. The drums still trigger fine, but it is very difficult to make adjustments. Is there some type of map converting the notes?

Peter

Check if you need to have -2 octave numbering in your BFD2 MIDI options set.

Rail

Post edge hits and vh12 hi hat 
I resolved the keyboard lighting up and note values in preferences. I will try to fix the edge hits.

Does anyone have experience with the vh12 hats? I have to put more pressure on them to close bfd sounds than the tdw20 sounds. I have done alot of adjustments in the bfd hi hat settings and the roland offset settings and it seems like it just needs more sensitivity in closing with the foot.

Peter

Post Possible bfd 2.1 bug 
I got the edge sound to work but there were a few unusual things.

The keyboard was lighting up with incoming triggers and then stopped.

When I changed the CC setting for the snare by typing in the number,it changed back to 4. I had to change it with the wheel of the mouse a few times to get it to stay on 16.

After it was changed, each sound I triggered from the v drumpads had the snare cc setting.

Peter

Post Re: midi triggering 
PeterW wrote:
I am using BFD 2.1.0 build 33. I put the mouse over the drums. The notes that come up are not the notes where the drums are on the keyboard. The keys do not light up when I hit the pads on the td20.

The td 20 preset is working,but the notes being sent on my td20 are different than what is listed in BFD. The drums still trigger fine, but it is very difficult to make adjustments. Is there some type of map converting the notes?

Peter

Just to let you know, we figured out how this can happen. A fix will be included in the next build.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1