Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
BFD2 with a Intel-Imac 4GB RAM, any issues?
Post BFD2 with a Intel-Imac 4GB RAM, any issues? 
Hi,

I would like to purchase BFD2. I have read that it could cause a lot of CPU clipping, and RAM issues. I have a Intel-Imac ( late 2008)dual 2.8 GHZ, with 4 GB RAM, external Lacie HD Firewire 7200 RPM, Logic pro 8.

I think my setup is OK, but I don't want to be wrong.

If anyone has the same setup, could you tell me if a setup like this is strong enough to work without clipping for BFD2?

Thanks !

I'm running BFD2 on a 2GHz Intel Core2Duo MacMini with 2GB of RAM off of the internal HD

I'm using the medium installation to save HD space and it runs super fine over here. I don't even need the 16 bit mode or the super cool & new "Load on demand" feature. Though they come in handy in a busy session or when I don't wanna wait for kit pieces to load while auditioning several kit pieces to get the right sound.

so since your machine is better than mine I'm sure it'll run equally good and better.

cheers,
mully

Thanks for you reply. I Wanted to confirm first, because these days with the quality and size of professionnal music produstion softwares, it can be problematic with a max of 4GB.

Can't wait to start playing with this one!

Thanks again

Nick

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1