Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Guru song building woes
Post Guru song building woes 
How do i build a song in guru and export it to my DAW?
I have 2 drum patterns; 1 in engine 1 and 1 in engine 2.
Then i have two loops each one in engine 3 and 4.
When i hit record it plays all of them at once but i want to choose when each pattern is played so I can arrange a complete song.
Can someone walk me through how to do this?
Thank you.

Song mode is a sought after feature, but currently is missing from Guru. You'll have to work around that using your DAW.

You can automate the pattern changes with MIDI notes, and then render/record. Just create a MIDI clip in your DAW and input the corresponding notes for the patterns. Better yet - use the 'scenes' feature of Guru. This way Guru handles the pattern, and the DAW handles switching them.

Another option would be dragging the MIDI from Guru to the DAW, then using Guru only has a drum module - you arrange the parts in your DAW.

Hope this helps. If I made something not clear enough, ask away.

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand what you're saying but I'll have to further my knowledge of midi implementation before I try that. Right now I feel comfortable doing the drag method you explained and then arranging it in my DAW, but how exactly do I drag the patterns to my arrange screen once I've created them? Also, could I route each engine to a sub track? When I load Guru in my DAW more than one track is created. It would make more sense to me to route each engine to a track, if that's possible. Thanks for your help.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1