Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Deluxe Collection errors during installation cause failure
Post Deluxe Collection errors during installation cause failure 
I have an installed and licensed copy of BFD2. I bought the Deluxe Collection and tried to install it. It supposedly was going to list a default location for installation, but the line was blank. So, I went to my dedicated drive and clicked on the BFD directory. I got a message that said this does not appear to be a BFD directory, should it be installed anyway. I then made a sub-directory in the BFD directory called Deluxe-Collection. It said the same thing, does not appear to be a BFD directory, even though it was a sub directory inside the BFD directory. I installed disc 1, but the menu to select the level of detail was stuck on small. I could not select medium or large even though I have plenty of disc space. So, I proceeded with small. When I tried to install disc 2, I got a message that Deluxe-Collection was not a fully valid BFD path. So, I canceled the installation, went to Add or Remove Programs, but BFD or fxpansion was not listed as an installed program, even though BFD2 is installed and licensed. So, I simply deleted the Deluxe-Collection folder and canceled the installation.

This package appears to have very serious installation bugs. I would not have purchased it if I had known it would be so much trouble. What do I do now to get this expansion package installed? What is the refund policy if I cannot get it installed?

The Deluxe Expansion Pack was created before BFD2 existed - consult the BFD2 forum for a sticky thread with simple instructions on where to install the pack.

Rail

I also need to authorize it without an internet connection. The computer crashed, I got it working again, but the Ethernet port is dead. So, I need to download the license manager to the computer that I am using to write this message, and use the authorize a different computer option. Where do I get the license manager to download it?

You said consult the BFD forum. There are many BFD forums in your Forum pages. Which main forum is this particular sticky thread located? I can't find it.

To authorize without Internet Access - its the craftily hidden page:

http://www.fxpansion.com/authorize

Rail

Can you please tell me which of the forums the sticky thread on Deluxe Collection installation is located?

Are you talking about the forum labeled BFD2 and the FAO: Users with Expansion Packs thread?

Yes, that thread instructs you on how and where to install to - I suggest you also read my PDF file with instructions for our older packs.

Rail

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1