Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
cant automate coloured groups in live??
Post cant automate coloured groups in live?? 
just looking at abletons faq and i found this:

(Question: Why aren't my third-party plug-ins working correctly with Live 8's Configure Mode?)

For most VST and AU plug-ins, Configure Mode works without problems. Some plug-ins, however, don't correctly notify Live about their parameters. Here are some potential problems and workarounds:

3.Certain plug-ins (such as BFD 2 and Guru) send no automation information to Live. In these cases, there is currently no way to automate the plug-in parameters in Live.

Note: in cases 2 and 3, the problems are caused by an incorrect implementation of the plug-in. Please contact the developer of any affected plug-in and encourage them to fully support plug-in standards............

im using live 8.1.3(focusrite edition) and can't find the automation for the coloured groups in my ableton track.after reading this im thinking it can't be done in live....is this correct.?

well i think so.....in the arrangement view,on the guru midi track,there is a drop down box that would have all the automation parameters but nothing is there apart from device on.when i look at the instrument like in the picture you posted i dont have any of those parameters.it says to add parameters click the configure button which then opens up the gui?

hmm...
so yes its possible what you want then...

maybe explain how your set up is a bit more in live.
your routing that is..

thanx for the reply.im using guru in a midi channel with all engines going straight to master out.i thought i could colour the knobs and then select the parameters as you have.i don't know how to get a screen grab.does this make sense to you.

i dont exactly remember at the moment how i got it set up.

try dragging this file right into your live project at an empty track area...

GURU Automation.zip
Description:  
Download
Filename: GURU Automation.zip
Filesize: 11.39 KB
Downloaded: 249 Time(s)

would like to know how to set it up though if anyone cares to elaborate. Very Happy

glad it works.

yeah i just cant quick remember how i did it before...

if i look at it again and figure it, i'll post it here.

a live tip thats handy is when you select a track or group of tracks, you can drag it off into any created folder in live's browser window , and then drag it back into any live set your working on...so its like having a bunch of templates available for any set your in.

a quick tip since you might want to have guru set up one way or another depending on what you need it for!

sure!
glad it works.

yeah i just cant quick remember how i did it before...

if i look at it again and figure it, i'll post it here.

a live tip thats handy is when you select a track or group of tracks, you can drag it off into any created folder in live's browser window , and then drag it back into any live set your working on...so its like having a bunch of templates available for any set your in.

a quick tip since you might want to have guru set up one way or another depending on what you need it for!

cheers!!!!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1