Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Using GURU as a multi-out instrument in a host like ABLETON LIVE
Post Using GURU as a multi-out instrument in a host like ABLETON LIVE 
I am imagining that to accomplish this one would need to instansiate multiple instances of GURU across several tracks and use the 'sub out' levels to isolate each sound. Like: kick on track 1, snare on track 2 etc. Am I on the right track here?

-MC

just one instance is needed. But more is possible.

for sub 1 as an example, set your audio track as this pic attached:

thanks. that looks easy! i should think a bit more before i ask questions. that is intuitively the way to see if the VI has 'more than one' channel to bus directly into LIVE>

ALSO - i have to use the 'track delay' in the channel that GURU is in in order for it to sync to the timing of ABLETON. is that normal?

by sync, do you mean when you hit guru's play button and the pattern in the sequencer is off as it plays with live, or do you mean when you are recording a pattern yourself using the record button?

if its when your recording into guru, then you need to adjust your audio hardware's latency in live's preferences.

if its when you are just playing back a pattern...im not sure...go through guru's preferences and tweak around a bit...

ALSO - i have to use the 'track delay' in the channel that GURU is in in order for it to sync to the timing of ABLETON. is that normal?

I think this is a bug in Live. On your Live Guru Instrument track, try switching Monitoring to OFF.

Picture 6.png
Description:  
Filesize: 5.52 KB
Viewed: 4438 Time(s)

Picture 6.png

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1