Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Trying to get Rim and Bell sounds to ECO from Yamaha DTXtreme pads
Post Trying to get Rim and Bell sounds to ECO from Yamaha DTXtreme pads 
Hi. I'm about 70% of the way towards a working kit. But I'm not able to map the rim and bells to my three-zone Yamaha cymbal pads. I read in one post that it's not possible to use the choke with the DTXtreme IIs module, but I hope that I can still get a rim and bell sound. Do I have to buy a special expansion pack to get those sounds to work. Or do I need to move up the the big BFD2 pack, instead of ECO? thanks for your help -ab

If you click the options button, and go to where it says 'key-map...' you'll be presented with a screen.

Simply select the cymbal you wish to map. You'll see a list of articulations next to the keyboard. Hit your cymbal on the edge, and it will select the midi note associated with the edge position. Then drag the edge articulation to that key.

Do the same for each articulation, and then save the keymap as a preset.

Thank for the reply. I should clarify that I seem to be having trouble getting the Yamaha DTXtreme pads to show up in the ECO editor. While I can hit the rim and bells and get a sound from the DTXtreme IIs module, I can't get those pads to show up on the ECO MIDI piano. Does anyone have any experience using the Yamaha pads with the ECO software? thanks - ab

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1