Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
GEN 16 - Z pak
Post GEN 16 - Z pak 
I had gotten the 2 add-on cymbals first before getting the Z pan.... is it me or are these cymbals simply wonderful and the sit up in the air of a mix... just wonderful.

Great job to whomever sampled and programmed this set of cymbals.

I have just about every add-on pack for BFD and this is by far my favorite collection of samples.

Jim

BTW, the Stanton Moore cymbals were done the same way. If you are looking for a darker alternative you can find those at PlatinumSamples.com.

Cheers.

Mr John, begging you to do more wash, swell articulations when doing cymbals. PLEASE!

The ones from the Neil Peart kit are great (although difficult to use with other kits because they are at extremely different levels than other expansions).

< / broken record mode off >
Laughing

You just need to try lowering the direct channel and try the larger, thinner cymbals.

Cheers.

Added the A (Blue) cymbals to the collection..... I am BLOWN AWAY how good these cymbals sound and they just really WORK for me.

John, AWESOME.

Jim

PS - man would I love a set of tuned timbales (4 of them) that can used as additional toms... (direct mic, OHs and ROOM mics)... oh and with multi articulations (center hit, right hit, left hit, near rim hit, rim hit, etx). Might be a great MINI add on expansion.

There is a set of 13" and 14" Timbales in the Percussion Pack. They show up in the snare slots and each have five different articulations.

John

John, I have the percussion set and let me just say that the recordings are from a percussion point of view and not a drum kit point of view.... the samples don't work for me.

Just an idea (check out Phil Collins kit from about 1974-75). They sound awesome.

Jim

You are talking about single headed concert toms. Cool. Maybe one day I'll grab some of those. (In his case you are also dealing with a large amount of processing.) No problem, but I haven't done that style yet.....

Cheers,

No, I am referring the his 4 TIMBALES that he had racked up for The Lamb... they sound AMAZING.

Jim

I have a great picture of the kit but don't know how to post an image in the forum?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1