Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
BFD2 standard Kits
Post BFD2 standard Kits 
As a new BFD2 user I am not sure I have all the kits showing up.

When I select "Load Kit..." I see only 10 kits. Is this correct?
When I select "Load BFD2 Preset..." - I see 58 kits. Again - not sure this is what I should be seeing.

I don't remember what the stock BFD2 had for kits and presets, but it is important to understand the difference. A preset has more to it than just the kit pieces. A kit is just a collection of kit pieces (more or less). Presets include MIDI configuration, channel effects and configuration and a possibly a selection of MIDI grooves.

I installed for the first time just before christmas and I have only 8 kits shown, these are

Black Oyster
DW
Fibes
Gretsch
Ludwig vistalite
Orange county
Pearl masterworks
Pork Pie
Rogers
Tamburo

What 2 do you have that I don't?

BFD2 comes with 10 kits, and you have listed all of them. Count them.
Gary.'Laughing'

BFD2 comes with 10 kits, and you have listed all of them. Count them.
Gary.'Laughing'

OK - you got to laugh - so I am a complete bozo, doh!!!!! - I am not quite sure what though process led me to arrive at 8, its not even alchohol related at the moment, so cannt use that excuse.

Oh dear, think I will hide for a while.

Embarassed

There are 10 kits available, but not all have 10 pieces available. For instance, the Pork Pie kit only has one rack tom, no ride and no hat. Is this normal?

In support of the #8, when I try to load a Mid Tom in, I only have 8 choices, none of them seem to match the Pork Pie kit.

Is it possible that not all kits that come stock have all their elements?

If not, then why didn't FXPansion load the missing slots with the next best match?

___L

BFD2 presets can contain a kit, a mixer, grooves, a keymap etc. Therefore there are more variations than the 10 standard kits.

What we provide you is ten REAL kits. E.g. Ringo Star's kit only ever had two toms, therefore a tom slot is missing. If you think 10-piece polymorphism is important to your drumming needs, make your own kits.

-Rob.

BFD2 presets can contain a kit, a mixer, grooves, a keymap etc. Therefore there are more variations than the 10 standard kits.

What we provide you is ten REAL kits. E.g. Ringo Star's kit only ever had two toms, therefore a tom slot is missing. If you think 10-piece polymorphism is important to your drumming needs, make your own kits.

-Rob.

makes perfect sense.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around mapping my eDrum kit to the BFD2 kits themselves. you mention in another thread that I should use the keyboard map, not the kit map, which to my nucklehead, is kind of counter intuitive, but before i bark, i'll read a bit more and try it.

thx again!

Hi all, I'm a new user and have only been using BFD2 (in standalone mode) for a couple of days (Christmas present - nice work, Santa!).

Problem:
I only get a couple of the standard kits showing as fully available using the Load Kit command. The names and photos come up, but in the detailed 'description' of each kit on the right of the page, most of the slots have the red 'unknown kit piece' wording against them.

The only ones that seem to load properly are the Ludwig Vistalite and the Black Oyster.

I've checked in the Fxpansion authorisation manager and it tells me that everything's OK. Also, the actual audio files themselves all seem to be there in the BFD2 program folder, so it seems they're just not being recognised and loaded.

I did just a normal install, unless I've stuffed something up. The program itself seems to be working fine, that is, I'm getting good audio and am able to play grooves and so on with the limited kits I can actually load.

Thanks in advance for any pointers as to how to get all the standard kits loading.

Cheers

Disregard my last - a simple trash and rebuild did the trick, as I've seen has worked for other users in some threads here.

The perils of being a newby on a particular piece of software I guess.

Cheers

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1