Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
FEATURE REQUEST
Post FEATURE REQUEST 
Hi folks ! What do you think about a lfo to modulate the start, the end and the pitch of a sample (in variable amounts). I've found that it's the best way to bring a drum kit to life.

i think proper dynamics processing will do that better but an lfo aint a bad idea...

and to tweak markers with controllers would be the mojo as well.

What i'm talking about is modulating the sound, not processing the dynamic. Battery 3 have that feature and you can achieve a kit that seems to be multisampled whit only a single samples (kick + sn + hh). When you play a pattern, the lfo modulates the attack of the sound, the decay of the sound, the pitch of the sound, and maybe a little amount of crunsh or distortion efx, and it really makes the trick like each drum hit was a different one. Bring the kit to life.

Yeah, I like to do this too... also assigning the LFO to certain effects parameters gives a great extra bit of life. Global LFOs and envelopes have come up in the feature requests thread before, and been a popular suggestion if I recall correctly!

Music
www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Yep, LFOs are already on the list Smile

Great news ! Very Happy Totaly off topic : geist in pro tools 9.0.5 (m-powered) crashes the app all the time. Did your hear about it ?

Edit : Ok, just searched the forum and found i'm not alone... (seems geist rtas is a nightmare and i can confirm) Smile So what do you think about bundling geist with a geist limited version of vst to rtas adapter ? (As a workaround...)

Can you contact support directly about that one?

http://www.fxpansion.com/support

Don't know how to join a picture to support ticket, so i post here. Happens when i try to load a engine preset.
Elastic audio is off, of course, intended it's an instrument track.
And this is a single track, single plugin project (geist only)
Intel quad core Q6600 & 8 gig of ram on board
W7 64 sp1
m-audio fast track audio card

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1