Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Variable velocity hit on bfd2 and dtxtreme iii
Post Variable velocity hit on bfd2 and dtxtreme iii 
Hi all
I have got a Yamaha dtxtreme iii and I can not get the variable velocity hits to work on the snare drum within bfd2 .
When you hit the snare drum it's always the same velocity there is no soft or hard hit ,how do you get the sensitivity to work ,is there a setting or something I have to change in th Yamaha console
I have mapped the snare drum in the midi section to variable and I played with the low and high velocity bars but they have no effect on how hard the snare is hit
Any help please

Just to be clear....... Variable velocity?

Are you talking about positional sensing or are all of the notes coming in with the same exact velocity level?

The DTX does not do positional sensing. You should be choosing "Hit" for the center part of the pad.

Did you update the firmware on the DTXtremeIII set? The MIDI map and module files are contained in this part of the forum.

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7572157

These files are more or less plug and play settings for both the DTx module and BFD2.

Make sure that you are using the most up to date version of BfD2.

Cheers,
John

Thanks you very much for your support.
I updated the the yamaha module and the key map from the link that you provided.
[Are you talking about positional sensing or are all of the notes coming in with the same exact velocity level? ]the ansewer to that is that all the notes come out at the same velocity level, and it does not matter wether it is a tom or a snare.This only seems to happen on kits that i have made up within bfd2. If i load any of the kits from the kit page that are supplied with either the expansion packs or the custom ones supplied with bfd2 everything is normal , I can hit toms and snare soft to hard and the programme velocity level output responds like a normal drum kit.
Is it something that i might be doing wrong when i am making and saving my custom kits??
Sorry to repeat but on all kit pieces on a custom made kit have the same velocity level output [No ghost notes can be played]

One other thing when i updated the yamaha module it is said in the instructions that after it was complete i should see a BFD2 user kit within the yamaha module screen, I could not find this but again when loading a bfd2 drum kit preset everything works normal.
I am also using the most update version of bfd2 in 64 bit mode on a windows 7 system
Thanks for your help

Rail

Iam running 2.2.2.3 beta version of Bfd2

Hey John
........This only seems to happen on kits that i have made up within bfd2. If i load any of the kits from the kit page that are supplied with either the expansion packs or the custom ones supplied with bfd2 everything is normal ............

Is it something that i might be doing wrong when i am making and saving my custom kits??
Sorry to repeat but on all kit pieces on a custom made kit have the same velocity level output [No ghost notes can be played]

This is a little strange because I can not replicate it here on this end. It is a beta build so this might be something to have reported. I will pass it along and we will see if we can get it sorted.

natcamp10 wrote:

One other thing when i updated the yamaha module it is said in the instructions that after it was complete i should see a BFD2 user kit within the yamaha module screen, I could not find this but again when loading a bfd2 drum kit preset everything works normal.

The first User kit should say BFD2 once you have loaded in the file. You will also see BFD as a trigger setting. You can go into the Utility section and set the default settings to that for start up. Your choice.

natcamp10 wrote:

I am also using the most update version of bfd2 in 64 bit mode on a windows 7 system
Thanks for your help

We'll keep looking at this and try to sort you out.

Cheers,
John

Can you please record some midi data into your host application for me, along with an instance of BFD2. Could you also save out the BFD2 preset that you've made, and attach it all to this topic. I'll take a look here.

Hey guys Thank you so much for the support

****Can you please record some midi data into your host application for me, along with an instance of BFD2. Could you also save out the BFD2 preset that you've made, and attach it all to this topic. I'll take a look here.

Drew Fx
I have recorded some sample hits of the toms and snare, Iam using reaper version 4.01
When i was looking for my savedBfd2 preset I could not find the presets in c/drive/programmefiles/fxpansion/system/ maps /kits or mixers/
I found my saved preset files in windows explorer/mydocs/fxpansion/BFD2 and then in [ what ever i was looking for maps,kits,mixer

Is this normal for bfd2 to be saving my made up presets files here Question I would have thought it would save them in the same place as the other preset files that are installed with Bfd2 [ c/programme flies/fxpansion/system/ etc ]

Thanks again
Nathan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1