Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Unknown Kit Piece
Post Unknown Kit Piece 
I have just done a complete reinstall of BFD2 and the three Expansion Packs I have. PER, YMC and YMA. Downloaded all the updates and installed them as well.

When loading the PER kits many of the kits show slots with red text - Slot#: Unknown Kit Piece. For example - Brasil Rain has Slot 01 thru slot 09 and slot 11 showing the red text Unknown Kit Piece. Slot 10 and Slot 12 thru 15 have percussion kit pieces.

I have done lots of searching and have not been able to fine out what this means. If there are missing pieces or if there is some other problem. By saying "Unknown Kit Piece" it leads me to believe a mapping issue.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

--John

Have you downloaded the updates for the Percussion kits?
There some audio fixes as well as some new pieces. I can tell you for sure that the "Brazil Rain" kit
slots 15, 14 & 13 have the Ash Toms which was an added kit piece in one of the updates.
Just checked, at the bottom of the page for the percussion kit is the bonus kit pieces 278 Meg
download and install all the updates on the page starting from the bottom, then trash and rebuild your databases.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
Emu- 0404 PCIe
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
Thanks Steve. I believe I downloaded and installed all the updates and patches:
BFD Percussion Data Patch for BFD2
BFD Per Groove Add on
PER OSX Legacy BFD Installer
PER v2.1 Bonus Update

I have kit pieces in Brasil Rain in Slots 110, 12, 13 14 and 15. But lots of red Slots as well. See the attached screen shot.

If the kit only has 5 slots of kit pieces - then we are good - but why would BFD show the red slots - makes you think there is a problem.

Thanks

-- John

That's interesting, just checked mine again and it's the same as yours. It also does it with a number of other kits such
as, "Belly2 & Belly Dance" Bucket-Bourine, Camel, Cardboard House, Cascera, Chacha 118 & 130, Desert, Djembe 1 & 2,
Drum Circle, Dusted Bones. I'm sure if I continue I'll find many more so clearly something is either wrong with our installation
or wrong with the kit data it's self.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
Emu- 0404 PCIe
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
The PERC library presets relied on BFD 1 stock data -- I had posted new presets which replaced all the BFD1 pieces with stock BFD2 pieces... I'm not sure if it's still on the forum or got auto-pruned though.

Rail

The PERC library presets relied on BFD 1 stock data -- I had posted new presets which replaced all the BFD1 pieces with stock BFD2 pieces... I'm not sure if it's still on the forum or got auto-pruned though.

Rail

Are they still around and can the be re-posted if their not on here anymore?

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
Emu- 0404 PCIe
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7

Rail

Thanks Rail

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
Emu- 0404 PCIe
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
Thanks Rail. Just looking at the content in my current Kits folder. Seems most kits have a .bfk, .tga and .info file in the original install. Your update has .bfd2kit and .tga files.

Should I simply remove the content in the original install and copy/paste in the files in your PER Kits for BFD2.zip?

Greatly appreciated.

John

Those are BFD1 kit presets... those are in a different path (or should be) to your BFD2 presets... Your BFD2 and BFD data and folders should be isolated from each other.

Are you Mac or Win?

Rail

Rail - I am Mac. I was given a .pdf from Mike Bugh showing the best file/data structure for Expansion Packs. All of my BFD1 and BFD2 data sits on a separate HD in my Mac along with my Pro Tools sessions. See the attached screen shot of my file hierarchy.

Please let me know if changes should be made.

Thanks
John

Hmm... There should be no Audio folder inside the PER folder.. what's inside that? PER being a BFD 1.x data lib. the audio data is stored in the Data path.

The BFD 1.x Kits are basically ignored by BFD2 - the stock (factory) presets are stored in your system drive Library/Application Support/FXpansion/BFD2/System folder path.

User presets & kits are stored on your system drive in the user Document path:

johnowens/Documents/BFD2/Kits (etc)

So you would put the BFD2 kit presets in the <User>/Documents/BFD2/Kits folder then in the BFD2 Data prefs click on Scan for new files.

You should however not have your BFD sample data and your Pro Tools sessions on the same physical drive - that's going to reduce your bandwidth and cause issues.

Rail

Strange - here is the screenshot of the PER Audio Folder.

Looked in my user documents path - this is what my path is:
johnowens/Documents/FXpansion/BFD2/ then six folders Grooves, Kit Pieces, Kits etc.

The only folders that have content are - Kit Pieces, and Kits. Mixers has some additional folders - but they are currently empty.

John

Strange - here is the screenshot of the PER Audio Folder.

Looked in my user documents path - this is what my path is:
johnowens/Documents/FXpansion/BFD2/ then six folders Grooves, Kit Pieces, Kits etc.

The only folders that have content are - Kit Pieces, and Kits. Mixers has some additional folders - but they are currently empty.

John

Those are empty because you haven't created User presets...

What's in your Data path?

Rail

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next