Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
BFD3 feature requests list
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post  
[quote="SKoT_FX"]@DrNewcenstein - Audio Export - using the mixer's export panel will recall the export folder. I see that teh groove editor's "Export Groove Audio" doesn't, we'll address that - bug/oversight. If you set the folder you want to use in the Mixer's export panel, the Groove Editor export audio will use that by default. You may find it easier to export all your stems in a single operation from the mixer rather than doing it a kit piece at a time using Export Groove Audio, but it depends what you are trying to do of course.

Quote:
@purlington - BFD2 presets with user prefixes like "SPC" appear grouped in my BFD preset chooser?


Not sure why but it definitely doesn't work for me. But the second part of my request I still think would be useful.
When using the magnifying glass I get a list with three letter prefixes relating to their expansion packs, clicking on the prefix finds just those presets, so I would like to see my, "SPC" prefixed presets in that list too. Or are you going to tell me they are there already too? Smile


Quote:
@purlington - clicking on a drum in the kit view DOES light up the corresponding slot. Maybe you have that animation turned off?


What I mean (I think) was when you click on a drum in the kit view, it is highlighted and there is a green line that points to that pieces associated slot, I would like to see it work both ways. Clicking on a loaded slot will highlight the kit piece.


Steve


_________________
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post  
?? Shocked


_________________
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/ intel 2600k / 16 gig of DDR3 memory / Seven x64 / Cubase 7.5 x64 / RME Multiface / 3x UAD2 / TC Powercore / etc...
View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Quote:
@purlington - BFD2 presets with user prefixes like "SPC" appear grouped in my BFD preset chooser?


Ok, I was renaming them in windows since it seemed a much quicker way of doing it but have loaded them in to BFD2 and renamed them and all is as it should be now. My bad. Embarassed

Steve


_________________
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post  
Regarding seeing the drum graphic, I like to see it, so I can quickly see how many toms or cymbals are loaded into the kit. As I play vdrums, I like the quick check to make sure that the # of pads I am using somewhat map. It doesn't have to be as big as it currently is though.

Feature requests from my perspective

1) larger (resizable?) GUI, 30" monitors soon enough will cost $150.
2) better way to scroll through/manage presets (for mental cases like me who have almost have expansion pack)
3) transmuting hihat (for better play-ability in edrums)
4) Be able to share 64 bit stand alone ASIO stream with other apps (works in 32 bit, but not 64 bit for me.I like to play drums alongside instructional DVDs,, etc.)
5) I would include more "producer type" presets moreso to compete against other packages proclaiming 100 kits, etc. when in reality they are just presets (good ones no doubt, but it skews the reception to the product)
6) include a more advanced metronome in the stand alone for those that like to play along with edrums and practice. I think the built in metronome on the Yamaha DTX 900 kit is pretty handy,tempo, time signature, and ability to include whole, 1/2, 1/8, 16th, and triplets, etc.

I read many forums and the general consensus is that BFD is great if you know how to mix, it's too hard to get a quick good sound. I don't agree with this at all, but with BFD 3 you will have the chance to change perception a bit with "new" features, which really would be not much more than well thought out presets.


7) to expand on the above, include tutoring piece (add on for extra $$ would be cool) to allow playing along with drumless tracks, testing accuracy, etc. Something similar to teh Roland Drum Tutor program.)

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
SKoT_FX wrote:
@DrNewcenstein - Audio Export - using the mixer's export panel will recall the export folder. I see that teh groove editor's "Export Groove Audio" doesn't, we'll address that - bug/oversight. If you set the folder you want to use in the Mixer's export panel, the Groove Editor export audio will use that by default. You may find it easier to export all your stems in a single operation from the mixer rather than doing it a kit piece at a time using Export Groove Audio, but it depends what you are trying to do of course.



Sadly, whenever I export everything in one go, the overhead, room, ambience, and any kit piece with bleed-over comes out with warbling cymbals or just plain old distorted and crackly sounds. The Master mic channel comes out fine, and to get each piece clean, I have to solo each piece individually in the kit inspector and its respective mic channel in the mixer. That's why I have to export each one separately.

But I'll try setting the directory in the mixer. Wasn't sure if that was a global option or if it could be saved with the preset.


Oh and another suggestion - I'd really like to see the option to set tempo and time-sig change markers in the drum track. I know the manual says that it follows the host's time/tempo changes, but I use standalone only.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
My vote is leave the drum kit page intact. It would bum me out to see it gone...

It was previously stated, but it would get tiring on my eyes to see 2 sets of mixer channels(DAW and BFD2) and I really like having the visual reference.

Its one of those things I love about BFD2 when focusing on the DAW, having it to look at while I play.
I would be really sad, that's all I can say Sad

Loving the current release though.

Perhaps some improvements in the Groove editor:

1. ability to delete with delete key after selecting notes instead of having to go and change to erase function or use edit menu.
2. transport position control with point and click and loop control in the groove editor for focused edits.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
UPDATE:

Yes, setting the Path in the Mixer page does work. That's a great thing to have. And it saves with the preset, not as a Global setting, so you don't have to change it every time (unless of course you only use one mixer preset for everything).

However, if you don't specify a prefix and click Export from the Mixer page, you get names of "_ch03", whereas if you don't specify a prefix and Export from the Grooves page, you get a warning about no prefix and the name of the preset (if you've set that) becomes the prefix by default.

And I've also managed to overcome the distorting kit piece exports by routing each kit piece mixer channel to a separate output channel instead of all to the Master output. I've also had to change the Kick and Snare Bleed in the kit inspetor to Direct for each piece (so no piece has bleed) but I can now export individual mixer channels/kit pieces and mix them in a DAW.
I also dropped the Details down to Medium.


As for the visible drum kit, I can take it or leave it. So long as I can see the kit pieces in the lower half of the page, I'm fine.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Dont you dare get rid of kit view! In my opinion, this is something that could use a major upgrade to make BFD into a badass looking, inspiring instrument. I think the graphic should change depending on what is loaded, eg add a small Tom and a small Tom appears. Add a splash and a splash appears. It would be so cool to actually CREATE a virtual drumkit it that you can see! It would be really really cool if they looked like the actual kit pieces that they are representing. Let's face it, building a big awesome drumkit is fun! BFD is here to make those dreams a reality so it would be incredibly cool if the whole build-a-kit-and-see-it idea was targeted.


But at worst, don't ditch it! The interface would be as boring as bat shit and be nothing like the REAL drums you've spent so long recording!!!

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Jezzta667 wrote:
Dont you dare get rid of kit view! In my opinion, this is something that could use a major upgrade to make BFD into a badass looking, inspiring instrument. I think the graphic should change depending on what is loaded, eg add a small Tom and a small Tom appears. Add a splash and a splash appears. It would be so cool to actually CREATE a virtual drumkit it that you can see! It would be really really cool if they looked like the actual kit pieces that they are representing. Let's face it, building a big awesome drumkit is fun! BFD is here to make those dreams a reality so it would be incredibly cool if the whole build-a-kit-and-see-it idea was targeted.


But at worst, don't ditch it! The interface would be as boring as bat shit and be nothing like the REAL drums you've spent so long recording!!!


+1000
Fully agree. Don't get rid of the kit view but improve it to make for an even more real visual experience...
e.g. when 11 Kit-pieces are set up then make kit view display only those 11 kit-pieces and not all those empty unused slots as well.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
rak wrote:
Jezzta667 wrote:
Dont you dare get rid of kit view! In my opinion, this is something that could use a major upgrade to make BFD into a badass looking, inspiring instrument. I think the graphic should change depending on what is loaded, eg add a small Tom and a small Tom appears. Add a splash and a splash appears. It would be so cool to actually CREATE a virtual drumkit it that you can see! It would be really really cool if they looked like the actual kit pieces that they are representing. Let's face it, building a big awesome drumkit is fun! BFD is here to make those dreams a reality so it would be incredibly cool if the whole build-a-kit-and-see-it idea was targeted.


But at worst, don't ditch it! The interface would be as boring as bat shit and be nothing like the REAL drums you've spent so long recording!!!


+1000
Fully agree. Don't get rid of the kit view but improve it to make for an even more real visual experience...
e.g. when 11 Kit-pieces are set up then make kit view display only those 11 kit-pieces and not all those empty unused slots as well.


I doubly agree and had meant to mention both the two points above as a possible improvments a while back.
You could then maybe do away with the, 10, 18 and 32 kit size buttons and perhaps just have a kind of check box instead in which you could select, Kick x1, snare, x2 Toms x4, cymbals x5. You could just choose any number of each kit piece and then decide which intruments to laod in to your empty slots. In addition you could have an, "add kit piece" button from where you could choose which piece to load.
I thought about whether I would really miss the kit page and although I could get use to life without it I don't see why it has to go unless loosing it would make some kind of performance benefit which I doubt.
I'd say it's a case of, "if it ain't broken don't fix it" but of course it could be improved upon Smile

Steve


_________________
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Yamaha SW1000xg
32bit & 64 windows 7
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post FR swapping toms in groups 
It would be very handy if it was possible to have all toms (Hi/Mid/Low) in a kit replaced as an entire group if you just want to check out tom-sets (Gretsch vs DW vs ...). At the moment this seems to work only for each tom individually -which of course is more flexible and a vital feature- but also quite cumbersome and timeconsuming for a casual first listening to different toms-sets in the context of a song.

many thanks,rak

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
I just had to login and give an emphatic "For the love of GAWD, please don't do away with the kit page!!" It's a very crucial part of my kit building/tweaking process in BFD2. Even while mixing and working with grooves it seems.

Pretty please no...

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Hej Folks,

nice Thread. Here are my few points for future improvements.

1. resizable UI (will be nice at mixerview & groove editor)
2. option to hide keyboard/groove-selection view in groove editor (for a bigger editor view)
3. seperate channel view for channelstrip setup
4. folding option for aux busses
5. plugins as vst for use in my DAW (would be really cool but not so important)

Peace&Sun
T


_________________
Motto: sharing knowledge...
http://soundcloud.com/wehkah

Ableton 8 Suite w/ Max for Live, NI Komplete 8, Reaper 4, BFD2, T-Racks3 DLX, Nomad ISP, Focusrite
View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Please keep the kit view. That is one of the reasons why I bought BFD. I like to see the entire kit and what piece is triggered from each midi note.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
I like the kit view and prefer it to stay. It helps me to get oriented when I am setting up panning (ok so whats wrong with my ears?). If it could be enhanced to provide more functionality related to kit piece slots that would be cool. I like the idea of the kit grahic changing to reflect the actual kit, but that would come at a cost on some systems I would think?
Gary.

View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 2 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum