Fxpansion.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQ UsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
No Geist Factory?
Post No Geist Factory? 
Hi there!

I just bought Geist. I'm currently trying to learn the software, and immediately searched for tutorials at YouTube.

I found this to start off with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPhbK8FtaR4

Although I love this piece of software, I cannot find the Geist Factory with the hits, loops and presets! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jonatan

I've tried to reinstall Geist, searched on google, on this forum, on youtube, I just cannot find anything about it missing. Why doesnt it show up? shouldn't it be there by default? please help!

Did you download and install the 3 part installer?

If you have installed the factory content but it isn't appearing in the Geist browser, you can simply drag and drop the folder from your explorer or finder to the Geist browser to create the shortcut.

I've installed the files I got when I bought Geist,but I still cannot find the geist factory, not even as a seperate file as you say. Help?

Geist 1.0.0.7 parts 1, 2, 3...

and then:

Geist 1.0.2.8

??

If not, you need to do this. The Geist 1.0.0.7 parts might not show up at first - you need to click 'show older updates' in the product area.

If you've already done this, then there should be a folder on your computer called Geist Factory.

Where do I find the factory content? it wasnt even included as I can see? :s

It is included with Geist 1.0.0.7 parts 1, 2, and 3. The download is about 3GB in total iirc.

I only installed:

Geist_1_0_2_8_OSX

One last question, I've started to use Geist alot, but I want to insert the drumloop which I've done in Geist as a MIDI clip into Logic, I just drag the "pattern 1" into Logic, but when I press play, it keeps playing the loop in Geist as well, is that possible to modify or remove? Now the Geist's play button syncs with Logic's. Thanks

The manual explains much of the details, but there is a power button for each engine which disables pattern power.

I did install it correctly (even read through the PDF manual), but there's still no Geist Factory.. installed all 3 of the .dmg's aswell, I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: also tried to drag the Geist Factory folder into the Content but still it doesn't show up.

Thanks for the fast replies btw!

I am also having this problem. i have downloaded Geist successfully, but cant find factory bank at all.
please help

thanks

i downloaded the geist zip folder, when it had downloaded, it opened to show Geist 1.0.3.7 Universal. inside that folder it had: 1] Geist Installer OSX 2] Geist Installer win.exe 3] Geist quick start .pdf 4] Installer folder 5] Whats new .pdf .

i double clicked on geist installer osx, cause i have a macbook. it opened up the insaller, which took me to the agreement, and then the installation. when installation had completed, i proceeded to put in the serial and license the product. all went well, and i found geist inside logic, it worked, but am unable to find the factory bank.

Any suggestions, please i need some help.

Thanks much appreciated.

You need to download the following files from the Geist Downloads page:

Geist (part 1 of 3 - YOU MUST ALSO DOWNLOAD PARTS 2 & 3) V. 1.0.0.7
Geist (part 2 of 3) V. 1.0.0.7
Geist (part 3 of 3) V. 1.0.0.7

(you might need to click 'Click here to see older updates too')

These 3 files contain the app, plugin and most importantly the factory content.

Then you need to update to the latest version, found at the top of the Downloads page.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next