Importing Patterns and creating Groove from Shifts - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Importing Patterns and creating Groove from Shifts

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

bluseky

Importing Patterns and creating Groove from Shifts

Postby bluseky » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:05 pm

Hello All,

I am currently unable to import a midi pattern into 1.1.280. The pattern is very simple - a 16 bar pattern all on c1. The pattern is generated using a program called Groove Tool from Boombuzz software. The Groove Tool pattern works because the midi pattern is recognized in Ableton Live 6. However, in Live, the file generated by Groove Tool creates a folder, which I must open in Lives browser, before accessing the midi file. This is the same for midi files generated by Microtonic as well. I am kind of bewildered here. Using MacBook Pro, 10.4.9, both as standalone and VST plugin.

Thanks,

S/L

bluseky

Postby bluseky » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:26 pm

Okay, I pulled the trigger too soon on the last post. If I import the MIDI pattern first into live from Groove Tool or Micro tonic, and then export the pattern FROM Live, GURU recognizes the midi file and all is Kosher. Strange behavior though. Anybody have any idea how to avoid this intermediary step?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:04 pm

Will take a look...
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:49 am

Where can I find Groove Tool? Google doesn't seem to know about Boombuzz :-/

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

bluseky

Postby bluseky » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:47 pm

Here you go Angus --> http://www.boombuzzsoftware.com/

I found out about it ages ago on a forum somewhere, but it wasn't UB. A few days ago I went to Goldbaby's site to see what samples were available for GURU, and came across the link on the Goldbaby site.

Remember, that the midi export on Microtonic also exhibits the same peculiar behavior.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:40 pm

Guru currently only recognizes MIDI files when they're loaded via its own browser - you can't drag and drop external MIDI from another app or from Finder on to Guru. Should be fairly easy to add support for direct drag of external MIDIs.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

bluseky

Postby bluseky » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:14 pm

I was trying to load the midi file via the GURU browser - it just loaded an empty file. Using an Intel Mac and Live 6.07, I must first load the midi file into Live via Lives Browser. The file generated by either Groovetool or Microtonic is recognized by live as a folder. I then open the folder. Inside is another file, which I then load into live. Then, I export the MIDI file from Live. Now, using the GURU browser, I can load the file into GURU and create the groove from shifts.

Like I said, very peculiar behavior.

Thanks for the follow up, Angus!!!

bluseky

Postby bluseky » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:49 pm

Bump?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:34 am

Hi,

Will be fixed in the next update!

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

donnydoomsday

REGARDING BOOMBUZZSOFTWARE AND GROOVETOOL

Postby donnydoomsday » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:45 pm

Groovetool is still available. They just don't have their website up anymore. They were only charging $7 dollars a copy and weren't making enough to pay for the site. If you send paypal to boombuzzsoftware@yahoo.com for $7, they will send you the UB version of the software. Mac Only. If you feel uncomfortable sending payment that way, you can email them first! Hope that helps!

Return to “GURU”