Installing GURU on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger + 10.5 Leopard, MacBooks etc. - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Installing GURU on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger + 10.5 Leopard, MacBooks etc.

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:37 am

Don't run the disk installer, it's the v1.5.12 update installer you need to run.

Then start Logic, run its AU Manager, and re-scan GURU in that. Once you do so, you should get the multi outs.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

route-electrique

Postby route-electrique » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Angus_FX wrote:@ basscakes - very strange. what's your screen resolution, and what items do you get in the GURU menu?

Same here. Followed instructions on this thread. Did it two times installing - cleaning - installing - cleaning. Used 1.5.x -file from Support pages. First time it worked when i installed from original cd. Using fresh Mac Pro 2xquad 2.8ghz, 6GB RAM w/ 30" HP LP3065 (resolution 2560x1600).

This is what i see (below) when i install GURU from newest file on Support and after putting serial and defining my GURU Data -folder. Nothing else. I didnt even test if AU -version works, since this kinda of problems were shock for me from "finished" -product.

borg64

Postby borg64 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Regarding the missing GURU window:

Try quitting GURU, then go to Macintosh HD/User/Username/Library/Preferences/ and delete the file called com.FXpansion.Guru.plist. Restart GURU. Any luck?

route-electrique

Postby route-electrique » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:58 am

borg64 wrote:Regarding the missing GURU window:

Try quitting GURU, then go to Macintosh HD/User/Username/Library/Preferences/ and delete the file called com.FXpansion.Guru.plist. Restart GURU. Any luck?

Will try tonight!. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!.

route-electrique

Postby route-electrique » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Yeah, deleting that preferences file dosent help.

EDIT;

Seems that i got AU -plugin work. Heh, it asks that serial everytime - so maybe i have to do that tweak, but i guess i've to live this now. Standalone version is one w/ huge problems.
Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | 6GB | HP LP3065 30" |
__
http://www.waveformbakery.com

borg64

Postby borg64 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Ok, last idea from me is to change the location of your Dock temporarily just to check if a piece of the window is hidden underneath (i.e. the GURU window is launched outside your viewable area). In that case, just drag it back. I know, it's an extremely long shot but I had this happen to my iTunes once and this did the trick.

route-electrique

Postby route-electrique » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:29 am

borg64 wrote:Ok, last idea from me is to change the location of your Dock temporarily just to check if a piece of the window is hidden underneath (i.e. the GURU window is launched outside your viewable area). In that case, just drag it back. I know, it's an extremely long shot but I had this happen to my iTunes once and this did the trick.

Okay, i will test this. In addtion to that i think after all everything was not okay w/ plugin version. If i remember right pads didnt have any text on them. I'll confirm this and reply w/ screencap.

__

route-electrique

Postby route-electrique » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:45 pm

That "Dock" -trick didnt make things any better :-/. Okay, here we go. Screencap from Logic. Does this seems okay for y'all ?.

__

borg64

Postby borg64 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Yep, same thing here. In Options, under the Misc tab, you have 'Don't show pad names (requires restart)' which is probably checked. Problem for me is it can't be switched on, as the options settings aren't saved when you close GURU down (standalone). I think the AU version does this though, when saved as part of a song project.

For the missing standalone version window, have you tried launching GURU with your resolution scaled down to 1920x1200 (for example)?

route-electrique

Postby route-electrique » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:35 am

borg64 wrote:For the missing standalone version window, have you tried launching GURU with your resolution scaled down to 1920x1200 (for example)?

Tryed this also, no luck. I have no clue what can cause this. I guess i just have live without it.

__

HansO

Yippieey!

Postby HansO » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Just had to let you know that GURU is now working flawlessly after a painful upgrade to Leopard 10.5.4. I am talking about GURU version 1.5.6 here. The newest version 1.5.12 actually worked for a little while until it stopped. I don't know what I might have done to cause this. But after doing the guru.plist trick, a few errors and restarts - the 1.5.6 works for me! Both RTAS and standalone. I can continue my work. :arrow: :D

route-electrique

Re: Yippieey!

Postby route-electrique » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:45 pm

HansO wrote:Just had to let you know that GURU is now working flawlessly after a painful upgrade to Leopard 10.5.4. I am talking about GURU version 1.5.6 here. The newest version 1.5.12 actually worked for a little while until it stopped. I don't know what I might have done to cause this. But after doing the guru.plist trick, a few errors and restarts - the 1.5.6 works for me! Both RTAS and standalone. I can continue my work. :arrow: :D

Hey!, good for you! :lol: . I must admit that i wouldnt even use much standalone version or maybe at work. Using AU -version most of the time, though that one needs also serious update, but when ? :? .

__

GrahamWhite

Help

Postby GrahamWhite » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:12 am

I have a mac 2.4 ghz, I i still cant get it working as a stand alone or with logic even after
trying everything i learned in this forum. Can anyone help me, it keeps crashing when i try and
load it. To install i copied data folder to harddrive after running update. I called the tech support
but no one has called me back yet. I really want to get this up and running, bought it 4 weeks ago

route-electrique

Re: Help

Postby route-electrique » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:10 am

GrahamWhite wrote:I have a mac 2.4 ghz, I i still cant get it working as a stand alone or with logic even after
trying everything i learned in this forum. Can anyone help me, it keeps crashing when i try and
load it. To install i copied data folder to harddrive after running update. I called the tech support
but no one has called me back yet. I really want to get this up and running, bought it 4 weeks ago

Same here for a standalone; you can forget that. Plugin version works here. I have high hopes for the 1.6.x, which is in beta now, so i guess it's coming out soonish.

__

palimpsest_73

Postby palimpsest_73 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:51 pm

Angus_FX wrote:Don't run the disk installer, it's the v1.5.12 update installer you need to run.

Then start Logic, run its AU Manager, and re-scan GURU in that. Once you do so, you should get the multi outs.

Angus,
I've followed the install routine as directed for my MBP w/ Leopard 10.5.5 and Guru only half works. Within my host (live 6), it asked for the serial every time I load a VST instance, but does work as usual after. As a standalone, Guru does not launch at all. I've tried trashing the plists, but no change.

I can live without the standalone for now, but I'm going to get annoyed with entering the serial everytime I launch as a VST. What can be done until the next update? Is the previous version more stable? Any other backend voodoo I can try? Thanks for any help.

Return to “GURU”