1.6 soon Angus? - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

1.6 soon Angus?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Tue May 13, 2008 6:11 am

How about a sampler? some efx? larger screen and browser? 8)

attr1b

Postby attr1b » Tue May 20, 2008 7:40 am

can you do somthing about the browser please its too small , its the 1 thing that i dont like

Bobsgone

Postby Bobsgone » Sat May 31, 2008 9:39 am

Any updates regarding this update Angus?

I'm itching for those extra outputs and extended sequencing pages...

Gramophonedzie

Postby Gramophonedzie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:30 am

Angus_FX wrote:It'll be released when it is ready - I have a bunch of other non-GURU things to work on, and as it's a free update there's only so much time I can allocate to it. It's primarily a bug fix, but we are improving a few things:-

* skin support.
* some improvements to graph copy/paste.
* extensive OSC support for Monome, Lemur, and the iPhone OSC Client (draw sequences and graphs with the stylus on your iPhone...).
* 16 stereo outputs instead of 8.
* Patterns can now be up to 16 pages (= 32 bars) long instead of the previous limit of 4.
* Quick save.
* You can now re-name individual pad samples (in the sequencer lane, not on the pads themselves) - click on the pad name in the display panel above the transport controls to rename it.
* Phase Flip for individual layers.
* Layers can be swapped with the layer immediately to the left or right.
* Audio export now honours engine volume when in Engine mode.
* Audio export can be armed from MIDI, and the export mode can be set.
* miscellaneous other improvements to the MIDI implementation.

HTH,
Angus.

didn't see this earlier

nice nice nice!

when it's gonna be out?

adoran

Postby adoran » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:37 pm

hate to even bump this ..

but it's almost been a year since angus posted some of the features they were working on.

i'm using guru less & less these days and would love some sort of an update to renew my interest
in the program..

is there any kind of ball park eta on a 1.6 or 2.0 release? we've been teased with features for almost a year now

jamester

Postby jamester » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:47 am

Wow I can't believe this thread's almost a year old! :shock:

It's been too long for another point update IMO, it's past time for Guru 2.

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:19 am

jamester wrote:Wow I can't believe this thread's almost a year old! :shock:

It's been too long for another point update IMO, it's past time for Guru 2.

Yes indeed, I have the feeling somethings gotta be coming soon.. Messe's coming up,they are based close to it.This would be a no brainer to attack the competition now that they have saw exactly what the other companies have done.The question is how hard Angus and Co. are gonna strike back!! I thought that they might just do the synths,but then I thought of how long it's been since Guru's been on this version.And if they did a G2 and Synth release,it would send the competition ,a deadly blow,or potent release to have to wrestle with,not easy to top that type of release.Now's gotta be as good as time as ever.. Or better yet if there's a perfect time,well now would be that.

Let the code battles begin!! :lol:

db120

Postby db120 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 pm

the Guru natives are getting restless.

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:09 pm

db120 wrote:the Guru natives are getting restless.

Yes indeed.Specially when a friend of mine just bought Motu Bpm,he has actually been praising it.Now I gotta hear about how good it looks and sounds blah,blah..

:cry: G2 please :lol:

rob_fx (ex-FX)
Left to roam the Cursed Earth

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Is it OK if we finish DCAM:SynthSquad first please?

Thanks.
"I was great engineer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..."

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:52 pm

NO IT'S NOT! :lol: WE'D LIKE TO GET A NEWER VERSION OF GURU! BIGGER BROWSER before another synth among the millions of them already being offered!! I'm not sure why you guys had to take 4 years to do such a thing (guru 2) ,it really is unacceptable! :wink:

Or should I say oh sure take your precious time :?: Who cares anyways,BPM is coming friday,I'll let you know what I think..

db120

Postby db120 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Yeah I hope I'm not coming across as one of the loud minority that companies have to right off. I continue to post because I truly love Guru but it's just really hard for me to use the browser. I've talked to more than a handful who installed it but never bought it due to this one issue. I've heard your synths and I like them but these days can get any sound I need out of the two I own.

Anyhow, Guru isn't about me and I know the business/creation balance is a bitch these days especially w/ digital products. Just want to keep riding you guys because I want Guru to be as good as it should be (just a few tweaks will shut my comments down and pull my wallet out). Just keeping it real, D

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:20 am

db120 wrote:Yeah I hope I'm not coming across as one of the loud minority that companies have to right off. I continue to post because I truly love Guru but it's just really hard for me to use the browser. I've talked to more than a handful who installed it but never bought it due to this one issue. I've heard your synths and I like them but these days can get any sound I need out of the two I own.

Anyhow, Guru isn't about me and I know the business/creation balance is a bitch these days especially w/ digital products. Just want to keep riding you guys because I want Guru to be as good as it should be (just a few tweaks will shut my comments down and pull my wallet out). Just keeping it real, D

Exactly.I feel very similar..That comment about, "It's done when it's done" is getting old.. we're your customers,many others are fine with the current way it is,I am too to a point,but when you see guys like U-HE and the support for Zebra bless there customers with a bigger browser ,it makes one think,well damn? Besides Guru ,is always on the back burner,so it seems..

Sorry to be so blunt,but honestly at least let us know what features are going to make it,damn motu,and NI.. They are on this shit too,now so what? You got competition now,and? So does every other developer.. You took away the feature request thread,now any idea's are just lost now huh? Proof is in the pudding..

Whatever,like I said I'm try the Bpm thing and see what thats all about while I wait and wait and wait for G2!

A GURU 2 SCREENSHOT? IS THERE ONE YET??
:roll:

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:05 pm

NO IT'S NOT! Laughing WE'D LIKE TO GET A NEWER VERSION OF GURU! BIGGER BROWSER before another synth among the millions of them already being offered!

Sorry, but, tough luck. :!:
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:50 pm

:twisted: Yea,I figured that would be your answer,Btw Bpm is really sweet man,I hope your content in Guru2 sounds as good.Can you say if it will,or is that under disclosure too? It kind of reminds me of how Toontrack Superior 2 sounds better then Bfd 1+2 no offense, imo.I hope this isn't going to be a trend with Guru and Motu,but something tells me it is. Anyways tell us your thoughts on sound quality of Guru2 if your willing to??? :roll:

Return to “GURU”