1.6 soon Angus? - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

1.6 soon Angus?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Whether it sounds better or not is such a matter of taste, it's pretty pointless me trying to answer. FWIW, BFD2 sounds *much* *much* better than Superior 2 to my ears, but it's 100% a taste thing, nothing to do with quality, detail or correctness of recording technique - on any objective measure, they're pretty much even, but sounds-good-to-your-or-my-ears is anything but objective.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:09 am

Actually that same argument could made on a mic pre from m-audio vs. a Neve,do you think that holds much weight?
Their are certain things that are just true,and no matter what I say here,it won't matter to you if your hearing isn't like mine I guess. :wink:

Good Luck

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 am

You're right, it doesn't matter, to us or to the many 1000's of BFD2 users. And to say M-Audio vs. Neve is rather ridiculous and doesn't credit your ears with much I'm afraid. API vs. SSL and you'll be in the ballpark - different but equally good quality and a matter of taste.

As an observation, constant trolling like this for answers we cannot give is probably the reason that most software companies don't answer questions on their forums. We're usually very forthcoming with info, but we've already stated the reasons why we can't give info on this issue. Therefore, please please please don't keep asking...
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 pm

No the point was this, that I would consider Guru to sound more like the m-audio ,and bpm to sound like a neve,in the terms of quality vs.. the other. I own both API and NEVE and I'm not saying Guru is the API,I'm saying it's more like an m-audio.Irregardless where it was recorded at,it simply doesn't sounds as clean as bpm imo.A simple question about quality of content was all this started out to be..

I know you guys are taking this hard,sorry about that.If you want me to stop,I will.. To call me a troll is a bit fucked though,I'm a customer with an opinion that you don't seem to care much for,I could care less though. :roll:
Last edited by bobbybland on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:56 pm

By the way,I can recall the day your company changed! It hasn't been the same since then period. :evil: You guys used to be able to communicate with us,and then oops,it all stopped..Whatever man. Trolling huh? Gotcha

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:57 pm

So you're comparing BFD vs. BPM? I'll leave it to others to interpret that as they want.

Yes we want you to stop, thanks. We've asked this repeatedly and you haven't listened, which is why I called it trolling...
Mayur Maha

FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]

Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Sorry no,I am talking of Guru's quality vs. Bpm..

I also was comparing toontracks quality to Bfd.

Touchy,Touchy.. :wink:

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:03 pm

yadayada.. :shock:

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Bobby, quality is subjective - a discussion that is not very productive to making music. We are a small company, with a handful of coders - we are not a big conglomerate. GURU is of course still a product we are interested in, and will receive development. However, we do not wish to raise expectations and let people down due to future unforeseen circumstances (like some other companies who I could mention!).

So this whole "it will be done when it's ready" is not a snub towards you or any of our customers; we are merely being cautionary.

As for the features thread being removed; Angus explained that. It does not mean those feature requests will not be kept internally, and does not mean we are not prepared to listen to your suggestions. I said to you before, send us a support email, and I will forward it to the relevant people.

But this gung-ho attitude is not doing anyone any favours. Lets just calm down :)

detauk

Postby detauk » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 am

GURU is a great product. It does what it's supposed to do. Maybe we should not get caught up in all the bells and whistles of the new software. BPM looks nice and im sure the features are good but personally im happy with GURU. It does not have to be updated every 3 months or when a copy cat machine comes out. FXpansion has not let me down yet and Im sure there are others who feel the same way. So at least one of us is happy with what we have. Keep doing your thing FXpansion team. Im sure when your ready to drop the next Major update of GURU the nay sayers will be back saying how wonderful it is. Your great work speaks for itself.

Nuff said.

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:21 pm

detauk wrote:GURU is a great product. It does what it's supposed to do. Maybe we should not get caught up in all the bells and whistles of the new software. BPM looks nice and im sure the features are good but personally im happy with GURU. It does not have to be updated every 3 months or when a copy cat machine comes out. FXpansion has not let me down yet and Im sure there are others who feel the same way. So at least one of us is happy with what we have. Keep doing your thing FXpansion team. Im sure when your ready to drop the next Major update of GURU the nay sayers will be back saying how wonderful it is. Your great work speaks for itself.

Nuff said.

+10.

dredd i knight

Postby dredd i knight » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:25 am

I like the look of both bpm and maschine, but since i have a korg padkontrol, and guru, never even considered buying another drum prog.
I think guru 2 is gonna rip a new one in any other software only contender. fx have years of experience, and guru1 was way ahead of its time really; abes caught up a little last year with drum racks, cakewalk dropped the ball with beatscape, so lets all take a deep breath, and get a little zen on, while they do what they gotta do.

Return to “GURU”