Guru & ProTools Problems - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru & ProTools Problems

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

mark!productions

Guru & ProTools Problems

Postby mark!productions » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi everyone, i am a new user of Guru. Looks really nice. I am having some problems with running guru though on my mac. To give a little info bout myself here, i am running a Dual 1.8 GHz Power PC G5 with OSX 10.4.11. I use Pro Tools HD 7.1 cs9 and updated my Guru verse to 5.12. We also use DP 5.13 but we use it in DAE mode. That is why i have not updated PrTools to any of the newer versions becasuse they are uncapatible with DP.
Anyways, when i load up Guru in PT and try to choose a kit, nothing loads up, the plugin just kinda flashes there on the screen. Then i try to load a sample up and i am asked to go locate the sample. When i go to locate the sample in the correct folder, i see the sample, but when i click on it, it will not open it up. I checked to see if GURU was pointed to the right drive location for the GURU Data, and it appears to be ok.
So then i decided to try some of the example bundles, but they wouldn't load either. The file format for the example bundles appears to be in a unix format, which doesn't work with a powerpc Mac. Its weird, they have the correct extension on them. I looked at the installer, and the example bundle data on the GURU installer looks like it is all Unix data.
Lastly, i wanted to uninstall GURU, and reinstall it again, maybe something screwed up, and i can not find the uninstaller at all on the GURU DVD. PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP. MANY THANKS!!

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:26 am

You're probably better doing a manual delete of all Guru related files:

- delete application from your Applications folder
- delete Guru's RTAS plugin file from /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins
- delete Guru plist files from /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences

Don't install the version on the original DVDs again, just go straight for the 1.5.12 update.

fwtag

Postby fwtag » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Try to change read permissions for content of GURUdata folder using Terminal and shell command "chmod -R a+r *".

Return to “GURU”