Guru sync mode problem with energyXT - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru sync mode problem with energyXT

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

dacaumodo

Guru sync mode problem with energyXT

Postby dacaumodo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:35 pm

Hello
[posted this at the kvr forum but no luck there, so here it is]

This morning I was working on a track , Guru playing a pattern in sync with the host - energyXT 1.4. I had four bars looped.

Well every now and then when the loop got back to the start, Guru would stop playing altogether and I had to restart it from the Guru UI, or stop the eXT sequencer and start it again.

Is this a known bug?

What's odd is that Guru would not stop EACH time the loop got back to the start, but only now and then. There are no MIDI patterns on the GURU track, so it can't be a stray CC message. No Midi controller was plugged into the GURU track either.

thanks

d

dacaumodo

Postby dacaumodo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:53 am

So, am I the only one with this problem? I tried adjusting the uTick but no change. Guru still stops playing back in sync mode, now and then, with no apparent reason. It doesn't seem to do this when it's in "shot" mode, with a midi clip on its track.

dacaumodo

Postby dacaumodo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:33 am

Hello? Is anybody from FX Pansion reading these messages?

borg64

Postby borg64 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:21 pm

I'm not familiar with your sequencer of choice, but I'll jump in anyhoo with some follow up questions. :) What audio interface and what drivers are you using? What version of GURU?

Is the host still playing, only GURU getting quiet? Also, does this happen when you copy and paste the GURU MIDI patterns in a long row, rather than using your sequencer's built-in loop mode? If not, something seems to be happening when your sequencer 'starts over'. You might try changing your audio buffer settings.

Also, try setting the uTick to some dramatical value just to see if it helps at any setting. Then you might be able to fine tune it from there.

Good luck!

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:53 pm

If you send us a support message and maybe attach a simple eXT project that demonstrates the problem, we can try and reproduce it here.

Return to “GURU”