Silly Guru sequencer question - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Silly Guru sequencer question

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

rompling

Silly Guru sequencer question

Postby rompling » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 pm

:oops: This is a really dumb question
Not sure how to word this question but want to use guru and its internal sequencerfor example to slice up a synth loop with a 16th setting ( standard to me anyway) with another default setting 16 steps Say i wanna put the pad 1 on step 1 but want to make it a long note ( are you still following me) and i want it to last 4 steps long like you would any any midi note in any DAW
but everyone time i have tried it retrigers the note say on steps 2,3,4 and it gives a short note
Hope someone can A understand and B help and I`m really sorry but looked at the manual and I couldn`t see the answer maybe guru only slices beats ?

Madness

Re: Silly Guru sequencer question

Postby Madness » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:43 am

rompling wrote::oops: This is a really dumb question
Not sure how to word this question but want to use guru and its internal sequencerfor example to slice up a synth loop with a 16th setting ( standard to me anyway) with another default setting 16 steps Say i wanna put the pad 1 on step 1 but want to make it a long note ( are you still following me) and i want it to last 4 steps long like you would any any midi note in any DAW
but everyone time i have tried it retrigers the note say on steps 2,3,4 and it gives a short note
Hope someone can A understand and B help and I`m really sorry but looked at the manual and I couldn`t see the answer maybe guru only slices beats ?

Your going to need to edit that pad sample by hand and make the sample longer typically this would be accompanied with a little Cross fade looping but guru cannot do this.

Return to “GURU”