Master Channel problem? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Master Channel problem?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

RedSpark

Master Channel problem?

Postby RedSpark » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:48 am

Although I'm fairly new to Guru (purchased 1 month ago) I'm getting on with it quite well and finding it simple and easy to use and anything complex I'm managing to work out along the way.

However, one thing I've noticed is that my master channel on the Mix tab has no pads display and doesn't 'highlight' when selected. Is this correct? I've tried every option I can find and the manual makes no mention of any reason why they wouldn't show. I'm using the latest available Guru installer I found in my account section.

I've attached a pic so you can see what I mean. apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything.
Attachments
Guru.gif
Guru.gif (123 KiB) Viewed 5112 times

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:54 pm

The master channel is like the master section on a mixer - all engines get processed through it after their insert effects and volume controls. So it doesn't HAVE any pads!
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

RedSpark

Postby RedSpark » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:50 pm

Angus_FX wrote:The master channel is like the master section on a mixer - all engines get processed through it after their insert effects and volume controls. So it doesn't HAVE any pads!

Ok thanks, Angus. So is it just the manual that's out of date? See pic which shows individual volume controls for the 4 pad types on the master. It's not really a problem - a total non-issue really - I've generally mixed everything the way I want it by the time I get to the master anyway, I just thought that as my Guru didn't match the Guru in the manual I wanted to check.
Attachments
Padtype.gif
Padtype.gif (61.61 KiB) Viewed 5100 times

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:10 pm

Yep, check the "What's new in v1.5" PDF, the manual is for the old v1.00 and a lot has changed since then.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

RedSpark

Postby RedSpark » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I read the 1.5 manual about 5 times looking for something that might say 'Pad Types no longer displayed on Master Output' or somesuch wording. Can't find any mention in there of anything relating to the Master Mix Output, other than the bypass effects when sub-outs are selected in the Options dialogue. No worries, Like I said, it's a non-issue really.

Return to “GURU”