GURU v.1.6.12 available for download - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

GURU v.1.6.12 available for download

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

JamminFool

Postby JamminFool » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:39 am

just installed the update.

when i try to start it, i'm getting a message from the windows firewall that the " app is blocked from trying to access the internet, Unblock?"

is this normal? why is GURU trying to access the net?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 am

@noidftm - try a rescan in Logic's AU manager

@JamminFool - GURU 1.6 has an OSC control port which is opened on the network (that's how OSC works) and that's why it is tripping your firewall.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

noidftm

Postby noidftm » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Ive already done all the small things like that angus... I've also made a separate thread about this where I went further into detail. This problem always occurs with guru. the problem this time is the workaround that worked for 1.5 does not work on 1.6

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Wait a sec - if you load GURU as a Multi Channel instrument to begin with in a new Logic 8 session, does it show up as multi out then?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

detauk

Postby detauk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:34 am

Angus_FX wrote:Wait a sec - if you load GURU as a Multi Channel instrument to begin with in a new Logic 8 session, does it show up as multi out then?

Guru is working fine in Logic Pro 8 as a multi-out on my machine (OSX.5.6 Macbook Pro - GURU 1.6.12). When you instantiate Guru you get the normal channel strip with a plus sign under the solo button. Once you press the plus button you can access the multi-outs.
Attachments
Guru_Multi_Out.png
Guru_Multi_Out.png (165.99 KiB) Viewed 16278 times

PrimoChris

Postby PrimoChris » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:17 am

:
[/img]
Attachments
mo select.png
mo select.png (22.51 KiB) Viewed 16270 times

noidftm

Postby noidftm » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:42 pm

ok I really dont feel the need to take a picture to SHOW you that its not working on MY cpu.. in MY logic on tiger osx 10.4.11 ..
A. the PLUS button does not show which is prolly due to the fact that
B. i dont even have an option for multi out.. only mono and stereo
C. to the picture guy, i could prolly show YOU a thing or 2 on logic, but thanks for your sarcastic help :roll:

detauk

Postby detauk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:07 pm

noidftm wrote:ok I really dont feel the need to take a picture to SHOW you that its not working on MY cpu.. in MY logic on tiger osx 10.4.11 ..
A. the PLUS button does not show which is prolly due to the fact that
B. i dont even have an option for multi out.. only mono and stereo
C. to the picture guy, i could prolly show YOU a thing or 2 on logic, but thanks for your sarcastic help :roll:

Not trying to be sarcastic - just helpful - if you took it the wrong way sorry, that's on your head. Its the point of the whole community thing.
As to your point C. - I doubt you could show me anything about logic I don't already know. Been on it since version 4 almost every day full time as a profession. If you were so up on your game you would know how to use the multi out in 10.4.11.
Good luck with that...

out.

PrimoChris

Postby PrimoChris » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:21 am

Nobody trying to be sarcastic here.

In 8 out of 10 cases questions with as little info on system setup and usage pattern as yours, the answers are really simple, so please don´t be offended, if we shoot at them first.

OT:
I don´t think a sticky thread is the right place for user specific discussion, so could a mod please move the discussion from post #17 onwards to a seperate thread?
edit: There could helpful information for other users emerge, which is better be found with an descriptive title (e.g. "Multi-out problem on Logic8/OS10.4.11")

alan_g

Postby alan_g » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:51 pm

the BPM division doesn't seem to working..(osx10.5, live/logic, vst/au)

nevermind, got it, seems finicky on the position to grab the division numbers.

rdguru

Postby rdguru » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:02 pm

If you are making changes please consider my

"Browser Location different for different engines" OPTION it would be a great addition to the mighty machine

and its only an extra option to encode

then the browser location could stay put for each engine like the stylus rmx.

engine 1 - perc loops rex
engine 2 - tam loops
engine 3 - breakbeats

then one could swap back and forth without having to navigate back to the folder each time

work flow 'now' is kind of............. play a few perc loops ....then tam loop......add a break......perhaps try another tamloop...... but have to navigate all around the houses in the browser to get it..........doesnt go with the break.........navigate all round the houses to find the breakbeat folder....... yeah its good let try another tam.......navigate all round the houses.......

Having the engines browser 'staying put' for each engine would be really ace.

so one engine i could have one folder i was browsing, and on the other a totally different one, without having to navigate my way round loads

I'm kind of a loop based musician.

this would be a super feature to add :D :D

producerism

note off?

Postby producerism » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Just wondering where the NOTE OFF feature can be adjusted... tried finding it in pad edit, but didn't see anything obvious.

deadboy_ny

Can't get it to load in OSX 10.6.4

Postby deadboy_ny » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Installs fine but won't open, just freezes the whole OS when trying to open in stand alone mode (haven't tried the vst version) I'm on OSX 10.6.4 on a maxed out black macbook. However previous version of Guru works fine.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:36 pm

deadboy - very weird, what audio I/O and MIDI devices have you got attached to that MacBook? any unusual networking hardware or anything (3rd party ether or wifi dongles etc.)?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

deadboy_ny

Postby deadboy_ny » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:54 pm

Angus_FX wrote:deadboy - very weird, what audio I/O and MIDI devices have you got attached to that MacBook? any unusual networking hardware or anything (3rd party ether or wifi dongles etc.)?

No peripherals attached during install or startup of the stand alone version of Guru that were audio related.
USB Port One has a 1TB external Western Digital Harddrive with its own power supply.
USB Port Two has aun unpowered USB hub with a laptop cooling fan and a mouse.
That's it.
I'm gonna try installing the newer version of Guru again later tonight with everything disconnected but the laptop power supply. I dunno why it didn't work. I've literally never had any software cause a total system lock up on my mac except for that(on PC yeah it happens all the time on a mac its unusual). And its not really an old mac. its the intel duel core black macbook preceding the unibody macs by a couple of months. And the ram and processor are maxed out for the version of macbook I have so its not like its a sluggish system.
I'll try it again and repost the results

Return to “GURU”