Is there any way to use the GURU step sequencer to generate MIDI notes? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Is there any way to use the GURU step sequencer to generate MIDI notes?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

afroide

Is there any way to use the GURU step sequencer to generate MIDI notes?

Postby afroide » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:36 pm

I've been feeling somewhat constricted by samples lately, and want to start using some drum synthesis to open up a few more sound-sculpting possiblities. I am NOT excited about using the piano roll for laying out my beats, however. Is there any way that Guru can be configured to send MIDI notes out of the step sequencer?

If not, this would be a VERY useful feature in Guru 2 ;)

beardedlazies

Postby beardedlazies » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Guru already outputs MIDI. You just need to route the MIDI to another plug-in. The MIDI routing is a functionality of the host, but most hosts support that AFAIK.

afroide

Postby afroide » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:21 pm

I checked it out and you're right - it works easy in Cubase (just have to select GURU as the midi inpuit for the instrument).

The only thing I can't figure out is how to change the pad MIDI notes so that they match up with the different pieces of kit on the drum synth. Is there a way to do that in GURU, or would I have to create a MIDI map for each instrument?

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:32 pm

I've been doing that lately with Guru sequencing Groove Agent one in Cubase 5, as Groove Agent one's sound engine sounds better imho..

afroide

Postby afroide » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Have you tried out beat designer? Any feedback? An upgrade to C5 is also a possiblity, but since I all ready purchased Guru...

Return to “GURU”