Logic 8 Crash - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Logic 8 Crash

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

JBlake_88

Postby JBlake_88 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 am

You're right about Monolingual, not worth doing it at all. But you know what it's like when you're in the mood for a cleanup and you get a bit irrational :roll:
I'm at the point of being willing to fully reinstall osx if need be. Do you recommend that?
Shall I leave all files untouched and install the operating system around my existing stuff, or back everything up and do a complete wipe/reinstall?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:49 am

Yep, totally, wrecked more than one Windows 98 install that way back when I had enough spare time to mess with such things :oops:

Try installing/repairing the OS around your existing stuff first, and if all else fails, wipe & reinstall.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

JBlake_88

Postby JBlake_88 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi Angus. I just went to the apple store today and got a full archive reinstall (didn't have the disk for 10.5.6 cause last time I got it serviced they installed a newer operating system than I had the disk for, duh!).
The exact problem has persisted. Both logic and ableton crash when Guru is loaded/playing, and don't when it's not.
I've attached the latest Logic crash log. I'll upload one for ableton in a second, which I predict will be in the same ballpark.
Attachments
Logic Pro Crash 11.4.09.txt
(43.6 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

PrimoChris

Postby PrimoChris » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:20 pm

Are you running the standalone at the same time?

I have never had Guru (as a plugin) crash my system.

10.5.6 Macbook 5,2 Logic 8.0.2 and Live 7

Return to “GURU”