Is anyone else interested in more drum libraries like this in GURU format? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Is anyone else interested in more drum libraries like this in GURU format?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Gridden

Is anyone else interested in more drum libraries like this in GURU format?

Postby Gridden » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:25 pm

I just emailed Tonehammer about their Anti-Drum II saying it'd be great to get it in GURU format.
http://www.tonehammer.com/?p=1770
They said it may happen if enough people showed interest. With the dirth of cool drum libraries for GURU (Goldbaby and Bitword aside) it'd be great for more stuff like this to become available.
If anyone else would care to drop them a line here http://www.tonehammer.com/?page_id=1280
maybe we could make it happen.
:D

jamester

Postby jamester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:00 am

The problem I see for 3rd-party Guru libraries is the mapping. Will they be set up as 4x each of Kick/Snare/etc like the pre-labelled pads, or will they have some other mapping, which would likely be more flexible but non-standardized?

Along those lines, I'd be curious how most Guru users map their own custom kits. I've never used the "four each" approach personally. And how does this all translate to Guru's midi grooves?

ZenPunkHippy

Postby ZenPunkHippy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi,

I already own the Tonehammer Anti-drum libraries (plus a few others), but if it was conveniently packaged in to Guru format without me having to lift a finger, that would be really great.

It would be also be nice if the Guru pads could be skinned to better represent the content of the library, but maybe that's a version 2 feature ;)

Anyway, it gets my vote - the Tonehammer libraries are truly excellent, particularly the with the high round-robin count they strive for with many of their releases.

Peace,
Andy.

Return to “GURU”