Serial Number Issue on 2nd MAC I'm running. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Serial Number Issue on 2nd MAC I'm running.

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

fratts

Serial Number Issue on 2nd MAC I'm running.

Postby fratts » Mon May 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi,
I've just transferred a project from my Macbook to iMac and when I try to open the project on iMac it bounces me out saying I am using an illegal copy of Guru and that my IP address has been registered etc.

I can still use the Macbook copy of GURU on the same IP address and have tried a complete fresh install of Guru on the iMac but still getting the same problem.

I'm running latest version of Guru, Leopard OSX 10.5 and Logic Pro 8.02 on both.

Any ideas? This has never happened before??

Thank you

fratts

Postby fratts » Mon May 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Just removed any trace of Guru from the iMac, reinstalled, opened as a standalone whilst disconnected and connected to the internet and still getting the same error message - Must be an OSX issue somewhere, please help??

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue May 12, 2009 10:15 am

Go to your user folder - Library - Preferences and delete com.fxpansion.guru.plist, then run GURU again. That ought to do the trick.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

fratts

Postby fratts » Tue May 12, 2009 10:22 am

Cheers Angus, pretty sure I tried that but will have another shot at it this evening.... Fingers crossed!

fratts

Postby fratts » Tue May 12, 2009 4:54 pm

All sorted, Thank you :D

Return to “GURU”