Midi out - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Midi out

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

sec_9

Midi out

Postby sec_9 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi there. Can someone explain to me how to get GURU to act as a sequencer for other audio units in Logic Pro 8?

Thanks

Ash

ryan_fx

Postby ryan_fx » Fri May 15, 2009 5:07 pm

Ash,

Please explain your workflow and other AU plugs that you speak of.

Guru should be inserted in a stereo instrument track, as a AU Instrument in the track's INPUT.

You can then send your other midi track data to this stereo instrument track and use Guru to trigger the midi sequenced data.

ryan_fx

sec_9

Postby sec_9 » Fri May 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi ryan. Thanks for your reply. Mainly I am using Logics AU's and Basstation and a couple of other things. You may need to explain that to me again cos I can be a bit of an idiot at times(like now). Is it possible to explain using the gift of pictures please.

thanks for your help.

Ash

PrimoChris

Postby PrimoChris » Sat May 16, 2009 11:12 am

There is no GURU MIDI Out in Logic.
As I understand it´s not trivial in AudioUnit format.

You´ll have to export your pattern as midi to your instrument´s tracks.

sec_9

Postby sec_9 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:45 am

Ahh, that makes sense. That's a shame cos that would be a handy little trick.

Thanks for the feedback

Ash

thenapking

Postby thenapking » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Could someone confirm whether it is correct or not that in the latest version of Guru there's no Midi Out in Logic 9? I'm a long time Guru-lover and Cubase-user (or Cubase-hater, but I'm a glutton for punishment). I'm hoping to start using Logic as my DAW, but I use Guru to sequence my analog drum machines (via Midi). This is easy in Cubase, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to understand Logic's environment and whether or not this is possible. Can someone clarify?

So-called

Postby So-called » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Logic and DP does not support midi out from AU plugs. Ableton Live and Studio One support VST midi out but only one channel. None of the above host are appropriate for using midi out.

Cubase, Sonar and Reaper work great. Not sure about PT

thenapking

Postby thenapking » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:57 am

Oh dear. I've been hoping for a while to leave Cubase and Windows behind, and go completely Mac with Logic or possible Ableton. Looks like that's dead in the water in that case. Not that it's FXPansion's fault. I could probably do everything I want in Plogue with Guru if I could find some decent sequencer to record/edit my arrangements. We'll have to see what Geist can do...

Return to “GURU”