Waveform Start / End Point Adjustment Problem - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Waveform Start / End Point Adjustment Problem

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

AJISHERE

Waveform Start / End Point Adjustment Problem

Postby AJISHERE » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi, new user who's just installed Guru 1.6.12 on Logic.

Love the interface and the functionality of this unit! However on my first attempt at getting some grooves together i've hit a snag adjusting start and end points on single hit drum waveforms while a pattern is playing.

I can trim a small portion of the waveform at the start or end, but as soon as i get about 15% into the waveform at either end, it starts glitching out and playing the pad completely out of time, or in time but in the wrong position.

This is a shame as this was the main reason i moved away from using Ultrabeat in Logic, where you could not adjust the waveform start / end points on the interface.

Any ideas, a fix, or am i doing something wrong?

thanks
A

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi,

That's not a problem we've come across before. Does it happen with all samples? Are you using factory samples and patterns or your own?

AJISHERE

Postby AJISHERE » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks for the reply, sorry haven't responded sooner.. had network probs.

the problem appears to be quite random. it glitches on some pads and not on others, and sometimes it happens as soon as i move the end point, others when i've moved the end point quite a way back into the sample.

also it seems to mainly happen on 3rd party samples, although on a few occasions it happened with guru library samples as well.

A

Return to “GURU”