Drag and Drop Note and UNDO - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Drag and Drop Note and UNDO

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

animal808

Drag and Drop Note and UNDO

Postby animal808 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Two things,

1) I click on a note (or beat) and try to drag it somewhere and it doesn't move. I can use the laso grab but I can't imagine each time I move a note I have to click laso, laso the note, drag the note. What am missing?

2) I don't understand how the undo works. It seems to be random. Sometimes it un-does something I did two steps previous sometimes it doesn't seem to undo anything. I don't even use it now (but would really like to) yet it might screw up something.

Any help is appreciate is appreciated.

Mully_FX

Postby Mully_FX » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi,

well GURU works slightly different from what you may be used to. you could either instead of dragging a note somewhere simply use the right mouse button to delete the old note and the left mouse button to create a new one - or (if you wanna drag several notes) use the SHIFT key to choose the lasso tool.

and regarding the undo function. That's "just" a record-undo it'll undo recorded notes or modifier (such as shift, or velocity in the graph view) entries. The undo button will light up if you do or record something that you can undo.

animal808

Postby animal808 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:59 pm

So why does "GURU's way" require more key strokes and more time then other applications to get the same thing done?

Also, why doesn't UNDO undo everything? I don't own any Audio apps that selectively undoes stuff. What benefit does GURU offer by doing things this way?

animal808

Postby animal808 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:18 pm

I went and tested the undo and it doesn't work right.

Sometime I'll select 4 notes and GURU will undo one note, sometimes it will undo all 4. Also, there is only one level of undo.

Are these bugs going to be fixed?

I think I've been waiting about 2 years now to get an upgrade that fixes some of these basic bugs there hasn't beenanythnig release.

animal808

Postby animal808 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Any thoughts? I really don't think the UNDO is working right.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:39 am

The UNDO is primarily for undoing record operations (it's the counterpart to the COMMIT button), it's not a full "undo whatever the last operation was" type of thing. When moving notes, it will undo the last operation as long as the notes are still selected.

To move one note - rightclick to delete it, left click to create it somewhere else. To move several notes - shift+drag to select, then drag on one of the selected notes to move.

The fact that there is only one level of undo and that it has restrictions on how it works is not a bug. Yes, it certainly could be better, but it's a lot more than most VSTs offer.

BTW - the reason you need a key modifier to MOVE a note by click-and-drag is that the default operation for click-and-drag (with no modifier) is to adjust the velocity of the note. So it's shift to work in lasso mode.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:02 am

You can also click the Select button to enter edit mode (no need to use modifiers).
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

animal808

Postby animal808 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Thanks for the response.

It is very frustrating to see an application barely evolve after so many years.
GURU has too many bugs, along with an antiquated layout and flow.

This was all fine when I initially purchased the application because it was fresh, and smart. There’s an assumption that when you buy software it will be updated in the future so the shorts-comings can be brushed aside.

GURU really had (has) a chance to be a rock solid drum sequencer but at the moment I’m not sure what’s going on with it.

Return to “GURU”