drag & drop pattern into Logic - first note missed out - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

drag & drop pattern into Logic - first note missed out

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

3ze

drag & drop pattern into Logic - first note missed out

Postby 3ze » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi, heres my scenario;

I create a four bar loop in guru, kick drum on the first bar. I export the loop via midi dragdrop into Logic 8's arrange window. I set my cycle marker to 4 bars. Press play and voila, the fist note is missed out but when it comes round to play again its there. uTicks hasnt worked. Any fixes?

borg64

Re: drag & drop pattern into Logic - first note missed out

Postby borg64 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:02 pm

3ze wrote:Hi, heres my scenario;

I create a four bar loop in guru, kick drum on the first bar. I export the loop via midi dragdrop into Logic 8's arrange window. I set my cycle marker to 4 bars. Press play and voila, the fist note is missed out but when it comes round to play again its there. uTicks hasnt worked. Any fixes?

I'm getting this as well in Logic 8, uTicks and different buffer settings not helping.

What I usually end up doing is just deactivating Logic's loop mode, start playing a beat or so before the loop starts and then activate loop mode again, before the marker passes the loop end point. Also, exporting the raw MIDI loop to audio and then trimming the start and end points is usually a quick fix. Well, not a fix, but a manageable workaround. :)

cylon

Postby cylon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 pm

What if you just start the song a bar later than the beginning of the timeline?

mobarn

Re: drag & drop pattern into Logic - first note missed out

Postby mobarn » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:34 pm

3ze wrote:Hi, heres my scenario;

I reported this in a thread some time ago - but just to say that his happens even if you create the loop from scratch in Logic. Its not just the drag and drop. Well at least that's what happens for me. Hope it gets a fix as this stops me using Guru in Logic.

regards

Graham

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:45 am

Are you all running v1.6.12 there?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:47 am

Angus_FX wrote:Are you all running v1.6.12 there?

Hi Angus

Yes indeedee v1.6.12 here.

regards

Graham

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:56 am

OK, one more thing.. if you use the SHIFT graph in GURU to move the first beat of the first bar slightly later, does it still get cut off?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

DJMiller

Postby DJMiller » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Same problem here. I've used the demo without troubles and today I bought it and have problems. And I'm really disapointed!

First note of the bar - in my case the kick - is like muted! No sound at all when I start the playback. But only at start. Everythinf is ok when it loop over and over. If I bounce 1 bar I have the same problem, the first note (the 1st kick) is not in the bounced audio file.....

I use Logic 8 on an intel Imac and it is up to date....

I think I will download the older version........ :roll:

EDIT:

I've tried the old version. Same problems.... BUT..... if you let the groove to 0 it works...... :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF ???????????????????????????????????????

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:57 am

Angus_FX wrote:OK, one more thing.. if you use the SHIFT graph in GURU to move the first beat of the first bar slightly later, does it still get cut off?

Angus - yes this helps. You can just as simply open the midi clip in Logic and slide the first note along a few ticks. There's something not quite right about having to move the first note along to make it play ......... call me an*lly retentive :lol:

regards

Graham

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Just to be absolutely clear -- is the 'missing' note present in the exported MIDI and doesn't play back, or is it missing from the MIDI file?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 am

Angus_FX wrote:Just to be absolutely clear -- is the 'missing' note present in the exported MIDI and doesn't play back, or is it missing from the MIDI file?

The midi note is in the exported file - it does play back but it's a very shortened click. You can equally create a midi clip in Logic (no drag and drop from Guru required) and the exact same happens. First pass of the loop produces this shortened click. Second pass will play the whole sample.

regards

Graham

DJMiller

Postby DJMiller » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:06 am

mobarn wrote:
Angus_FX wrote:Just to be absolutely clear -- is the 'missing' note present in the exported MIDI and doesn't play back, or is it missing from the MIDI file?

The midi note is in the exported file - it does play back but it's a very shortened click. You can equally create a midi clip in Logic (no drag and drop from Guru required) and the exact same happens. First pass of the loop produces this shortened click. Second pass will play the whole sample.

regards

Graham

Same here...

3ze

Postby 3ze » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:09 am

I'm just wondering, do none of the staff at Fxpansion have this problem when you use Logic? What about your testers?

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 am

3ze wrote:I'm just wondering, do none of the staff at Fxpansion have this problem when you use Logic? What about your testers?

Crossed my mind also but I guess for a beta version (which this is) we are the testers and we've spotted it. Still think you're absolutely right though in that it should be pretty easy for the fx folks to replicate.

G

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Bump - just wondering if theres a fix coming any time?

regards

Graham

Return to “GURU”