drag & drop pattern into Logic - first note missed out - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

drag & drop pattern into Logic - first note missed out

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

mixman29

Postby mixman29 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Yeah this crap driving me crazy!

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Its months and months now: are we ever going to see a fix for this? There's at least two other dead threads about this

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7571679

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7572170

Graham

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 am

Yes, definitely - will let you know when we have something. In the mean time you can work around by moving the kick ever so slightly later in Logic's score window.

What's happening is that the transport start command from Logic triggers GURU to cut all playing notes, but in some circumstances Logic sends the first note events /ahead/ of the transport start command. So Logic sends the note, Guru plays it, then the transport start arrives and GURU flushes all the playing notes.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Angus

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

regards

Graham

ICN

Postby ICN » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm

This is happening to me too.. regardless of any messing around in Options.

Not the most annoying thing in the world.. but it would be nice if it was fixed.

Thats why I still use Ultrabeat for Kicks.

Add to Guru 2 feature list? :wink: :)

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Angus_FX wrote:Yes, definitely - will let you know when we have something. In the mean time you can work around by moving the kick ever so slightly later in Logic's score window.

What's happening is that the transport start command from Logic triggers GURU to cut all playing notes, but in some circumstances Logic sends the first note events /ahead/ of the transport start command. So Logic sends the note, Guru plays it, then the transport start arrives and GURU flushes all the playing notes.

So is the fix coming soon?

Regards

Graham

aidanpete

Postby aidanpete » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:46 pm

Any sign of this fix ??

aidanpete

Postby aidanpete » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:21 pm

Does anyone know if Geist has this same issue when working with Logic ??

jbrown3

Postby jbrown3 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:24 am

aidanpete wrote:Does anyone know if Geist has this same issue when working with Logic ??

I usually play with the "Sequencer Retardation (uTicks)" parameter on the GURU options page/Audio Tab. I let the sequencer keep looping, move the retardation value to its beginning and slowly keep increasing it until I hear the 1st note come in. It's been the workaround for me in Sonar 8.5 for a while now. Hope this helps.

Peace,
JB
Last edited by jbrown3 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:44 am

jbrown3 wrote:
aidanpete wrote:Does anyone know if Geist has this same issue when working with Logic ??

I usually play with the "Sequencer Retardation (uTicks)" parameter on the GURU options page/Audio Tab. I let the sequencer keep looping, move the retardation value to its beginning and slowly keep increasing it until I hear the 1st note come it. It's been the workaround for me in Sonar 8.5 for a while now. Hope this helps.

Peace,
JB

JB thanks for this and hopefully this may help someone - however to move this back to the original topic of when we will see a fix not a workaround for a issue with Guru in Logic. Are we or are we not ever going to get a fix or have fxpansion moved on to Geist and dropped support or more importantly fixes for Guru? This has been an issue for the best part of 20 months now as can be seen from the various threads.

So, are we getting a fix or not?

Angus, you said in Feb 2010 we would see a fix .... any timeline on this or do we just keep our fingers crossed for another year?

Regards

Graham

aidanpete

Postby aidanpete » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Graham

I'm in the same boat as yourself with this guru/logic problem.

I've had a few emails from fxpansion support asking to try and drag the pattern to your desktop first then to logic. This didn't work for me but might wrk for others.

I don't think this problem will ever be fixed as they seem to have moved ther focus onto Geist.

A

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:54 am

aidanpete wrote:Graham

I'm in the same boat as yourself with this guru/logic problem.

I've had a few emails from fxpansion support asking to try and drag the pattern to your desktop first then to logic. This didn't work for me but might wrk for others.

I don't think this problem will ever be fixed as they seem to have moved ther focus onto Geist.

A

Hi aidanpete. Thanks for the suggestion. I can give that a go but I doubt it will work. I agree with you - they've moved on which is a shame as it's a good product. It seems such a trivial thing but it's annoying for the way I work. I don't get that with any other drum tool I'm using so not sure why they can't fix it. Oh well - it'll soon be year since Angus said a fix was coming. Glad I'm not holding my breath.

regards

Graham

aidanpete

Postby aidanpete » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi Moburn

Did you have any joy ? I had a go of the Geist Demo and it doesn't seem to have the same problem so I might end up biting the bullet and spend the money on Geist.

Aidan

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:35 am

Aidenpete

Yes I did but no joy. Sorry - I should have posted. That's interesting about Geist - maybe I should just swallow hard and move on :lol: It's certainly clear there will be no response on this thread from fx

All the best

regards

Graham

mobarn

Postby mobarn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Angus_FX wrote:Yes, definitely - will let you know when we have something. In the mean time you can work around by moving the kick ever so slightly later in Logic's score window.

Ok - Four years since the last release and one and half since the statement above: you're not going live up to your statment to follow up on this are you .......... just so we're clear?

Graham

Return to “GURU”