Cant get guru in cubase 5.1 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Cant get guru in cubase 5.1

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

funkman

Cant get guru in cubase 5.1

Postby funkman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi i have moved .dll files from a folder to new vst folder,but i cant get guru to appear in the instrument list in cubase 5.1 for pc.
The .dll file for guru is in the same folder as other vstis(which are availble no problem)but guru dosent come up in valable vstis in cubase.
The guru data folder is in a different location,but it worked fine before i moved the .dlls
Please help.

bantam

Postby bantam » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 pm

off the top of my head have you tried refreshing your vst list?

funkman

Postby funkman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:32 pm

hi,yes done that but didnt help.
does it matter where the guru data folder is?

funkman

Postby funkman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Anyone got any clues on this???

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:13 pm

I just checked Guru n it is working fine for me in cubase 5.1 - one question - when you install Guru - do you make a new folder in your steinberg/vst plugins folder and put the two folders guru by default installs in this newly created folder ? I do and never have any issues - I name the new folder Guru and put the default installed .dll's + folder in it.

Try uninstalling guru and reinstalling,c if that works using my method if not check n make sure cubase has not blacklisted the plugin..
If not that, delete or temporarily move your app data, load cubase at thispoint it wil refresh all plugins - then move your app data back..

It has to work with these methods..

Return to “GURU”