Snow Lep issues.. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Snow Lep issues..

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

ryken75

Snow Lep issues..

Postby ryken75 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:25 pm

I am experiencing problems with Guru & D-Cam synths running in Logic 9.01 on Snow Leopard. Basically they "perform" just fine, but after a while it becomes unable to navigate the menus within fxpansion plug-in's (ie: navigation lockup). Again, it does not crash Logic and continues to Play/Perform sounds, but cannot navigate menus within Guru or D-Cam. I know FXpansion plugs are not fully cleared for compatibility with Snow Lep, but I just want to make people aware of my issues. BTW, everything was rock solid before I upgraded to Snow Lep.

ryken75

Postby ryken75 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Just to follow up: This seems to happen after switching from Logic to another application (say Safari) and then returning to Logic. The only remedy is to save the session and relaunch Logic, or not use any other applications while running Logic.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:23 pm

That's an odd one..! Does the GURU GUI lock up entirely, or just the drop down menus?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

ryken75

Postby ryken75 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 pm

No, It doesn't lock up entirely. The sound(s) that are loaded continue to be able to be triggered. Here's what I have noticed: In Guru: While navigating kits, the sounds will change from kit to kit but the 'OK' button will sometimes disappear and you will be unable to completely load the new kit, and the pads will continue to blink. In Guru and D-Cam: With certain functions, a left mouse click will bring up the drop down menu that should be happening with a right click. And with other functions a left click does nothing (no functionality). It seems to be a similar problem that affects both Guru and D-cam which is not happening with other 3rd party plugs (I use mainly NI). This is why I think it may be that Snow Lep and FX aren't playing nice together.

ryken75

Postby ryken75 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Hey Angus. I did some more testing and can confirm that this only happens (but consistently happens) after switching back to Logic from another application. Hope this helps.

ryken75

Postby ryken75 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:39 pm

I can also confirm that this only happens in Snow Leopard and not in Leopard 10.5.8.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi,

Just an update to let you know our QA people are looking in to this one with a view to scheduling a Guru Snow Leopard fix.

Best,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm

I cannot reproduce this on a system with Logic 9.0.2 and Snow Leopard 10.6.1 - can you please update and see if it still occurs.

ryken75

Postby ryken75 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Since we haven't seen any updates yet, I thought I would check back in. Somehow I missed the previous post from Drew. To answer the question: No, updating the OS has no effect and this is still happening consistently. One other thing I didn't mentioned is that this problem seems to occur as a result of using "Spaces" on the Mac. But it only seems to happen when I have Guru or one the D-CAM synths active on a track and switch to another "space"...say with Safari. When I return to Logic, all of the FXpansion plugs go haywire. Hope this helps...

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:43 pm

I'll check our stuff with Spaces and report back.

ryken75

Postby ryken75 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:40 am

It's five months later now. Anything to report? This is still a problem for me and very annoying since I am forced to relaunch Logic quite often in order to get Guru and D-Cam to work properly. Am I the only one using 'Spaces' and Logic with Snow Lep? Can you guys at least confirm that this is a bug?

ryken75

Postby ryken75 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:11 pm

Drew_fx wrote:I'll check our stuff with Spaces and report back.

Still waiting........... :roll:

ryken75

Postby ryken75 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 am

I was that hoping Logic's new v9.1.2 would fix this problem, but it did not. I'm still waiting for a reply from someone from FXpansion about this issue.... I've been waiting several months now.

Drew and Angus: you are suspiciously silent on this matter. I am very close to jumping ship to Native's Maschine because they are true professionals and would have addressed this issue by now. I have always preferred to go with the 'little guy' who brings the initial creativity to the table, but your outfit is turning out to be nothing more than a corner deli operation.

You guys used to be "Johnny on the spot" when it came to forum questions. I find your silence on this matter deafening. Also, I just want you to know that I spent dozens, if not hundreds of hours mapping my sounds to Guru because I believed in your product. What a shame, your gonna let the big corporations win.....typical.

Fix This!

-R

Return to “GURU”