How long till a release???? Seriously!!!! - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

How long till a release???? Seriously!!!!

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Madness

How long till a release???? Seriously!!!!

Postby Madness » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:37 am

We've had this current Beta since April 09. So when does it make it to a full release?

Given the Current 1.6 incarnation made its beta debut very early in 09 are we going to have to have been waiting for a full 12mths before we see the full product? It doesn't fill me with faith for a version 2 product any time before 2011.

Sure, I know there are other priorities and product which make more money for FX than Guru but this really gets my goat.

I only feel this way because I care, if I didn't use Guru every other day as a part of my beat creating work flow to create my bass driven jams for my gigs every few months, I would not be writing this post I wouldn't care less, but I do I love GURU. But as I was inspired from day one as a GURU user I was inspired and saw ways things could be better and my tunes could benefit. There were many things that have been asked for and noted by FX and no delivery.

I am upset, confused. I really don't know where my future with Guru lies beyond a multi-output step sequencer.

alan_g

Postby alan_g » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:48 am

or how about a projection for guru 2?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:11 am

v1.6 was ok'ed as final some time ago. There are additional things on the fix list, but those won't be part of any 1.6 release. We don't change version numbers when we go from beta to final - it's the same release, we just reclassify it. And we don't comment on future updates, sorry.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

burkek

Postby burkek » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Guru 1.6 still shows in my account as Beta. If it's final, wouldn't it be prudent to change that?

KEv

Gridden

Postby Gridden » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:25 pm

Angus_FX wrote:v1.6 was ok'ed as final some time ago. There are additional things on the fix list, but those won't be part of any 1.6 release. We don't change version numbers when we go from beta to final - it's the same release, we just reclassify it. And we don't comment on future updates, sorry.

Isn't this somewhat of an overreaction? You've gone from openly discussing/canvassing updates and features in this forum to absolutely nothing.
MOTU can't steal "there'll be an update soon" can they?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:30 pm

The reason we don't discuss future updates is that the next question becomes "when", to which the only honest answer is "when it's ready".
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Soulretriever

Postby Soulretriever » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Just to make sure:
Given the fact that the release date of the available Guru 1.6 is April 2009, I presume that the 'ok-ed version' is the same as the Public Beta? I've gone back to 1.5.12 since my last communication with Technical Support (and that served me well). TS told me that 1.6.12 is 'still currently in public beta.' This was on August the 28th.

To clarify: It’s not that the classification itself matters to me really, except when there have been changes along the line somewhere that I’m not aware of. Like Burkek said: there is no sign of a non Beta version.

Thanks,
Merlin.

SupaSandeep

Postby SupaSandeep » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:23 pm

I stand by Angus' decision to stay reserved until things are ready. How many times have consumers been sold on a product that didn't function as promised because it was force out before it was ready. Then being frustrated and complaining because they were waiting on an update. As long as the software works good and is tested thoroughly, I'd rather have updates move slowly but more steady...

Like the intially post, had we not even known or heard of the new features we wouldn't be complaining about them not being ready, and I don't blame you. One of the most disappointing thing about software is that u get sold on features often far before they're actually ready and reliable, which I find really frustrating. Had we not known about the new features we wouldn't be complaining about them not being ready.

erichodge

Postby erichodge » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:09 am

Angus_FX wrote:The reason we don't discuss future updates is that the next question becomes "when", to which the only honest answer is "when it's ready".

absolutely fair Angus... however... i do think it's important to include a little bit of "what". i'm sincerely going nuts here wondering what is coming while new products are coming out with new features....

cheers,
eric

CALVIN01

Postby CALVIN01 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:42 pm

SupaSandeep wrote:I stand by Angus' decision to stay reserved until things are ready. How many times have consumers been sold on a product that didn't function as promised because it was force out before it was ready. Then being frustrated and complaining because they were waiting on an update. As long as the software works good and is tested thoroughly, I'd rather have updates move slowly but more steady...

Like the intially post, had we not even known or heard of the new features we wouldn't be complaining about them not being ready, and I don't blame you. One of the most disappointing thing about software is that u get sold on features often far before they're actually ready and reliable, which I find really frustrating. Had we not known about the new features we wouldn't be complaining about them not being ready.

i haven't been on this forum for about 5 months now and im sad to say that the guru forum is becoming stale imo,i'm not knocking anyone from fxpansion though,every product so far is top and i love using guru still but i feel that the guru freight train of last year is losing momentum.guru does what i need so im happy to still spend time with it.looking forward to v2 but wish this forum was more about peoples creativity,tips and tricks,.....why do people always want the next,it wont make your productions much better,if your bored with 1.6 how long till you will be bored with v2.if all these people were posting good ways they were using the software or routing possibilities,fx usage maybe we could find the spark that v2 promises.im not picking guys and when the studios up and running again (im moving) i'll post some stuff.good times people.

if you read this angus i've used guru for about 2 years now.do i qualify to get on the beta list when the time comes :lol:

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:54 pm

I think the good news in these types of threads is that there are customers waiting to pay money for v2. That is a good thing!

Return to “GURU”