Mixer Faders / Levels Broken?? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Mixer Faders / Levels Broken??

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

setic

Mixer Faders / Levels Broken??

Postby setic » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm not sure when this started happening but I just noticed that in the mix view when I move the fader up or down it doesn't do anything. [The sound still goes up and down but the display isn't affected]

Velocity changes in the sequencer affect both the sound and the engine level displays still; just not the faders for some reason.

Also the level display for the Master Fader doesn't show up at all, and also the buttons for Kick/Hat/Snare/&c are missing from above the master out, and none of the flashy little lighted pads above the engines light up anymore.

This is in standalone mode, and also within Cubase, and I've tried reinstalling GURU 1.5 and then 1.6 to no avil...

Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking about doing a complete uninstall then reinstall; is that process fairly painless with GURU? I don't want to screw up my projects in the process. :)

Thanks!

1.6.2 & Windows XP

setic

Postby setic » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Ok so apparently I'm just ridiculous inattentive and hadn't noticed there isn't supposed to be a meter for the master out... and those little buttons arn't part of 1.6 I guess...

Anyway, the engine volume faders should actually show a visible change level meters when you move them, no? I can drop the volume to zero and it still looks like its clipping even though I can no longer hear anything...

oh and I did a full reinstall and it still does the same thing... :cry:

alowe

Postby alowe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:55 am

If you have the engine set to sub-out puts the mixer section is bypassed.

setic

Postby setic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Thanks, but that wasn't it. :(

I made sure the option was off, and it's still not showing any graphical changes in the engine when I operate the fader... and my flashy little squares don't do anything. The program still works fine, it's just kind of annoying and I can't tell if a sample is clipping because the level stays at 0dB no matter what the volume...

Is this normal in version 1.6.1? Or has something bizzare happened to my GURU?

dveble

Postby dveble » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:16 am

Same here. I have no 'VU' meters on the master section. :(
Would be really nice to have some visual hint when master is clipping.
Does it work on earlier versions?

Return to “GURU”