Sending Midi CC data and: Using with BFD? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Sending Midi CC data and: Using with BFD?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

fabianseip@gmail.com

Sending Midi CC data and: Using with BFD?

Postby fabianseip@gmail.com » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Is there any way to make a guru step sequencer send CC data to midi out when it is playing? i would need it for external drums (natural drum kit, ex nskit7). i need CC 4 for hi hat and CC 1 for playing position but i can map any CC to those, if it is possible to send it.

i know i can drag and drop and certain data is created (mostly nrpn, though) - but i would like it "live".

somewhat connected: if i get BFD2 can i use guru with it and get the data needed to control BFD? or does BFD internally the same stuff as guru (step sequencing, groove templates...)?

fabianseip@gmail.com

Postby fabianseip@gmail.com » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 am

so currently there is no midi CC out?

what about the BFD (nano?) idea?

any hints most welcome!

fabianseip@gmail.com

Postby fabianseip@gmail.com » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 am

so nobody knows about sending midi CC? or it just doesn't work and nobody wants to tell me :wink:

all the graphs i tried did not send CC, so...

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:32 am

Guru only outputs midi notes I'm afraid, as does BFD2.

fabianseip@gmail.com

Postby fabianseip@gmail.com » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:10 am

well it would be handy to have any graph sending any CC so when you use a drum library behind guru you can control open/closed hihat and playing position with CC.

the question about BFD was if you can use guru as a pattern sequencer (having shift graphs and groove templates) BEFORE for BFD. i guess, this would require guru to send CC for hihats and playing position, too.

also, check this:

www.image-line.com/documents/drumatrix.html

- a modeling drum machine like this could complement guru quite well, and sending CC from step sequencers would be very cool for automating the parameters! (as far as such automation is part of the drum pattern. i understand that you do arranging and mixing in the host.)

fabianseip@gmail.com

Postby fabianseip@gmail.com » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 am

Even the simiple MPC1000 (manual, p. 43 ) can sequence MIDI CC, PC, mono and polyphonic Aftertouch as well as pitchbend.

so: please! :)

Guru only outputs midi notes I'm afraid, as does BFD2.

well, i thought i might be interesting to output CC data FROM guru TO BFD2. so i could sequence mpc style in guru and have those sequences played by a "real" sounding BFD drumkit.

fabianseip@gmail.com

Postby fabianseip@gmail.com » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:06 pm

here's another reason why this would be cool:

drivin a physical modeled drum module from guru sequencer including step sequencing of parameters

www.image-line.com/documents/drumaxx.html

Return to “GURU”