Can I sequence a hardware sampler with guru? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Can I sequence a hardware sampler with guru?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

aktarus77

Can I sequence a hardware sampler with guru?

Postby aktarus77 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi to all,

I am trying to sequence my new-bought second-hand Ensoniq ASR-X with Guru as the ASRX sequencer is all rubbish.
(GURU / ASR best of both worlds)
I can manage to make GURU's pads react using the ASR pads. (I don't really care by the way)
But I can't make GURU do the opposite : send MIDI data back to the ASR.
(that means a lot to me as I plan to do step by step sequencing using the mouse)

I'm running Guru on a 10.5 Mac.
My OSX MIDI configuration is all tidy and I ticked all the options in Guru's MIDI I/O menu, but no playback.

GURU is an unbeatable sequencer and I would really really really love it to control my ASR.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Yann

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:05 pm

I think I answered this via the support ticket, but to get midi output from Guru you need to be using the VST version. RTAS, AU and Standalone don't support midi output.

erichodge

Postby erichodge » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Rory_FX wrote:I think I answered this via the support ticket, but to get midi output from Guru you need to be using the VST version. RTAS, AU and Standalone don't support midi output.

i have done this via VST. depends on your host and on your hardware. if you need more info, post the host and hardware info here and i can help you.

aktarus77

Postby aktarus77 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Unfortunately, I use GURU either as a standalone unit, or as a plugin via Logic and Pro Tools. Using VST would mean switching to Cubase or other using VST. So I think I'm f**ked.

Last chance : would it work if I install Guru as a VST and then transform it to AU using your VSTtoAU software?

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 pm

aktarus77 wrote:Unfortunately, I use GURU either as a standalone unit, or as a plugin via Logic and Pro Tools. Using VST would mean switching to Cubase or other using VST. So I think I'm f**ked.

Last chance : would it work if I install Guru as a VST and then transform it to AU using your VSTtoAU software?

I'm afraid not; there is no real difference between a coded AU and a wrapped VST to AU plugin in terms of midi functionality - a wrapped VST2AU wont support midi out either.

Return to “GURU”