KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

dj9aj

KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Postby dj9aj » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:29 pm

I am currently using the latest update of Guru 1.6 on a Mac with Snow Leopard. I am using Guru with Logic 9.

I have read the instructions from the 'Whats new in Guru v.6' to assign the shortcuts properly however Guru does not seem to respond consistently. When holding down shift the scopes appear as normal showing me what key is assigned to what. I don't know whether its because I'm using a Mac, however the TAB button does not seem to work for anything either. When i press space bar the sequencer does start to play. However when i stop the sequencer and press space again Guru does not respond. The same applies when using the letters to control patterns. For example, I can change the pattern from 1 through to 8 without problem, but when trying to descend through the patterns back to 1 it is unresponsive.

When i use shift and an assigned key simultaneously to activate the orange shaded keys which are currently supposed to control the browser's functions they again only work temporarily.

I would ultimately like to be able to use the arrow keys on my keyboard to scroll through samples from the library on the left however I'm not sure how to set this up.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or can help in any way that would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jack

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 pm

I suspect the problem is Logic stealing keyboard focus. Have you tried the same in Standalone mode?

dj9aj

Postby dj9aj » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes you're correct I've run Guru as standalone and the shortcuts are working fine. Do you have any suggestions as to how i can configure Logic's keyboard settings to allow Guru to respond properly to shortcuts?

Thanks,

Jack

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:59 am

Unfortunately not. It's just the way Logic works. Perhaps you could use midi control to achieve the same thing.

Return to “GURU”