getting ableton live to respond to on-screen clicks in guru... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

getting ableton live to respond to on-screen clicks in guru...

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

oiioooiio

getting ableton live to respond to on-screen clicks in guru...

Postby oiioooiio » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:01 am

greetings...

im running guru v1.6.12 in ableton live intro

and i'd like to get the scene buttons i select with my mouse in guru recorded into the midi piano roll editor of live.

i can click in live's piano roll and change scenes but when i click a scene button on guru's screen its not picked up by live.

can anyone else do this or there a work around known or any ideas?

thanks

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:18 am

just looking at abletons faq and i found this:

(Question: Why aren't my third-party plug-ins working correctly with Live 8's Configure Mode?)

For most VST and AU plug-ins, Configure Mode works without problems. Some plug-ins, however, don't correctly notify Live about their parameters. Here are some potential problems and workarounds:

1.Certain plug-ins (such as Reaktor and Omnisphere) use their own system of parameter configuration. In these cases, automatable parameters must be set up in the plug-in first and then can be automated in Live.

2.Certain plug-ins do not send specific messages (called "BeginEdit" and "EndEdit") to Live. In these cases, try adding this line to your options.txt file:

-NoVstGesturesRequired

Please note that with this option enabled, plug-ins may need more time when switching presets.

(For more information about using the options.txt file, see this page.)

3.Certain plug-ins (such as BFD 2 and Guru) send no automation information to Live. In these cases, there is currently no way to automate the plug-in parameters in Live.

Note: in cases 2 and 3, the problems are caused by an incorrect implementation of the plug-in. Please contact the developer of any affected plug-in and encourage them to fully support plug-in standards.

is this the reason im not able to record on-screen changes in guru?

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:31 am

can anyone at least verify that they also have this problem in ableton?

onervas

Postby onervas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 pm

I'm pretty sure that you have to use your midi keyboard to record scenes and patterns. Patterns start at c-1 and scenes start at c3 so just hit record and use your midi keyboard. (or your computer keyboard in Live)

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:35 am

thanks for the reply.

yeah i got everything mapped to a good setup currently...i just been experimenting with running more than one instance of guru and flipping around between them by midi banks isn't as quick as an onscreen click sometimes...

Return to “GURU”